Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Im doing a group of rouge trader/pirates for a warband game Im starting to play with some friends. To make em I converted Catchans with some basic empire troops like peasant dudes. My question Is what do you think would be a suitable scheme for these hard bitten crew mwmbers. I was thinking just very dull dark colors like brown grey and blacks, with maybe a little red thrown in there to tye them all together. So do you think this would be good. INput please thanks

·
I suck... Maiden neck...
836 Posts
Is this WFB or 40k? (guessing 40k as your talking Catchans)
In WFB I would say alot of leather... meaning brown black and red as you said yourself.
In 40k they might have more spacelike suits...

btw: peasants are Bretonian. The empire lookalike is Militia...:ninja:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tiger said:
Is this WFB or 40k? (guessing 40k as your talking Catchans)
In WFB I would say alot of leather... meaning brown black and red as you said yourself.
In 40k they might have more spacelike suits...

btw: peasants are Bretonian. The empire lookalike is Militia...:ninja:
They are 40k and It was militia I was combining them with

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Depends.. are they chaos pirates (like those allied to the red corsairs) or rogue trader pirates.

Rogue trader retinues can look like anything, to be honest, they're basically private armies, so it's up to the trader. I'd go for a slightly rustic look, with bright colours and classic pirate imagery.

Red corsairs.. lots of red and black, tiger skin (if you can manage it) and make sure to add lots of blood and scarification to their bodies for the derranged chaos worshipper look.

If you'd used empire models I'd go with the former, they have the more 'arr' pirate look, which wouldn't suit chaos pirates so much. Marauders would be better for the chaos dudes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts