Librarium Online Forums banner

Which is your favourite

• Pistoliers: Bang, Bang shot you Down!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Outriders: Whirling lead-death cavalcade!

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big fan of the Pistoliers, the art, the models and background. Theres only small point difference between two pistols OR repeater handgun higher BS (option for barding), They are both special units, both fast cavalry. I am sorely tempted to get some outriders! I love my Pistoliers for running amok behind my brothers Dwarf gun line, destroying every artillery crewman, before charging dwarf rear, disrupts his line every time!

What do people prefer to use and how?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point, but I would probably just try to deploy them well, fire then run them when they are attacked. I still prefer Pistoliers as I said!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Even if you deploy them well or whatever, their Light Cavalry-ism is screwed up by the kind of weapons they use. I would never pay loads of points for a light cavalry which can't use light cavalry's main feat - manovreaubility. If you only want to sit and fire, then getting standard Handgunners is far better.

So, looks like we agree on Pistoliers

·
RAWR! KROXIGOR!!
1,935 Posts
If you only want to sit and fire, then getting standard Handgunners is far better.
Actually, Outriders pay 21 points per hit (long range) while Handgunners pay 24 points per hit. Of course, handgunners have many more wounds (so if the enemy is shooting back the handgunners are better).

However, I voted for Pistoliers. They are just to handy and annoying to be comparable.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts
This is one of those things that gets pretty hard to compare, as they're both for very different things. outriders, for a mobile firebase while pistoliers are there to be a mobile harassment unit.

Kroxigor, stats are all well and good, but what are the outriders doing for the the whole game? And did you consider the additional things the handgunner unit might have or what the opponent's doing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.