Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to work out which models would be too big to be affected by the spell Pit of Shades.

I guess the new HE Dragon model would be too big (although not owning one, I havn't tried), what else would be just too big for a 3" pie.

·
Bearded Ninja
2,678 Posts
a model doesn't need to fit under the template for the pit of shades to destroy it. if the models base is bigger than the small template then its just a partial hit; i.e. a 4+ to be "hit" just like a template warmachine.

in the truth of things NOTHING is too big for the pit of shades. as far as i know only the steamtank is immune to its effects.

Reactions: King_Nerd

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
I am trying to work out which models would be too big to be affected by the spell Pit of Shades.

I guess the new HE Dragon model would be too big (although not owning one, I havn't tried), what else would be just too big for a 3" pie.
I can't find anything in the rules which says that models too big to be covered by the template aren't affected. As far as I can tell, if the target is too big to be completely covered by the template it just counts as being partially convered and is hit on a 4+.
If there is a rule, can somebody point it out?

Edit: Beaten to it. *shakes fist at Arklte* ;)

·
Herman1004
1,266 Posts
Nothing is too big for the PoS. As long as the template covers some of the base it can be hit on a roll of a 4+. Only exceptions are anvil of doom and casket of souls I think as they have some kind of special rule.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Im not sure where all this partial talk has come from. If the templete is too small to cover the entire base, then so long as the central hole is touching the base then it is a direct hit, no partial roll is needed. You get artiel hits on anything not completely covered, but touched, by the edge of the template.
I had it come up once where my SSC template was bang over a Stegagon. My rules lawering opponant then tried to say it was a partial hit as the template didnt fully cover the stegadon, even though it could not possibly cover ny more of the base. Looking into it i found that its still a hit, even if you dont cover the whole base. Didnt matter, i rolled 4+ anyway, shut him up for a bit :p

·
Rushing Jaws
1,541 Posts
The Template Rules of p28 don't mention what happens if the centre of the template is over the model, but the base is not covered, so from these rules I have to conclude that you still have to roll the 4+ because it's only partially covered. However the stone thrower rules do mention that the model under the centre of the temlate takes an automatic hit, so I think it depends on the type of attack which uses the template.

This suggests that if it's a stone thrower then the model under the centre takes an automatic hit, whether fully covered by the template or not, but if it's the pit of shades you have to roll the 4+.

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Ahh ok, that may just be for stone throwers then. Nevermind, i got to have a little rant too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts