Librarium Online Forums banner

REad post first! What option do you like the best?

• GW Land Raider - Nothing special

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • GW Land Raider with FW bitz

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Fw Pre-Heresy Land Raider, possibly FW Bitz too

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Other, please post.

Votes: 1 3.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And I wasn't sure quite how I should go about it.

There are several options available.

1] Buy a GW Land Raider Terminatus Pattern for bitz most likely, plain and simple. cheap, but won't look so awesome next to my FW dreads >.>

2] Buy a GW Land Raider, and spice it up with FW bitz like Reinforced Armor, a GK Tank Commander and a GK Door set. this would work well, but then I remembered...

3] FW has a Pre-Heresy Land Raider kit, which looks awesome and IMO really fits with GKs. Problem is that I'm not sure if things like the Reinforced Armor or GK Doors work on that kit, I've sent an email to FW asking these questions, and hopefully I'll get a solid response back, and I'll let you guys know.

All in all, I like Option 1 cause it's cheap, Option 2 cause it's stands out but not in a silly way, and Option 3 rocks, especially if the Reinforced Armor and Door Kits are compatible. If they are I'll be heavily leaning towards option 3, but this is to get some general options and see if there are other options out there.

But now it's to you, vote in the poll and maybe post some comments, lets see what other people like!

Mike

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Edit: I've just checked and you can order doors with it, but there isn't an option for GK doors.
Ah, but you can buy Inquisition doors for both the Rhino and the Land Raider, as well as Grey Knight Land Raider doors separately. My vote would be for the Pre-Heresy Land Raider (which fits so well with Grey Knights, in my opinion). You could either stick with the Imperial Eagle doors completely, replace just the front hatch (by buying the Grey Knights LR door kit), or replace all the doors (by buying a Grey Knights/Inquisition door kit for both the LR and Rhino). Of course, this'll be a bit more pricey, but it might be worth it since the LR would be something of a centerpiece model in games where you're not using that extremely orange Baneblade =D.

Cheers,

-H

·
Borderlands addict
971 Posts
Regarding the extra amour. The only piece that wouldn't fit on the pre-heresy land raider is the middle section. so you should be alright to use the front and rear section.

With the doors on the pre-heresy one you could use the closest looking ones(Imperial eagles, terminator honours, etc) or just make your own up.

:happy:

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Reason There isn't a GK option storm chaser is because they use Rhino Doors on the PHLR, In which case I'll prolly stick with the Imperial Eagle doors and save the GK doors for a second LR, for which I'll prolly go with Option 2.

Hasten, I would never let =][= doors touch my GK Land Raider, so banish th thought! ;p

=][= Blackadder, I hope so, I can only hope I get an intelligent response back from FW to clear up the issue.

Mike

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Go with the pre-heresy LR, even if just because it's an awesome model and to the sounds of things, it'll fit your army perfectly ;).

·
Kut Maar Krachtig
4,014 Posts
It's hard to get 50 PAGKs in an army with 2 Dreads and a Land Raider and still have points enough for silly =][=s.

Besides, how many =][=s could challenge the OGK?

Mike
Did you get a reply by FW yet? About the doors i mean...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.