Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Question one:
A. Shooting twice with a plasma pistol doubles the odds of it "exploding", right?
B. So, if I roll a 6 and a 2 it "explodes". But if I roll a 2 and a 2 does it "explode" twice, or only once?
C. And if I rapidfire with a plasma gun, and roll 1 and 1, does it "explode" twice, or only once?
(D. And if it explodes twice, but the model carrying the plasma weapon dies after the first "explosion", does that mean a second model needs to make a armor save or die?)

Question two:
A mastercrafted plasma pistol allows for a re-roll. If I roll a 1 and then reroll to a 4, does the plasma pistol still "explode"? Is the four only considered for hitting the target, or does rerolling mean the one "never happened"?

·
Registered
787 Posts
Hey Champion!8X

Question one:
A. Shooting twice with a plasma pistol doubles the odds of it "exploding", right?
B. So, if I roll a 6 and a 2 it "explodes". But if I roll a 2 and a 2 does it "explode" twice, or only once?
C. And if I rapidfire with a plasma gun, and roll 1 and 1, does it "explode" twice, or only once?
(D. And if it explodes twice, but the model carrying the plasma weapon dies after the first "explosion", does that mean a second model needs to make a armor save or die?)

Question two:
A mastercrafted plasma pistol allows for a re-roll. If I roll a 1 and then reroll to a 4, does the plasma pistol still "explode"? Is the four only considered for hitting the target, or does rerolling mean the one "never happened"?
Q#1 -
A) Yeppa
B) Twice, correct :p
C) again, Twice
D) no, the wound doesn't carry over to other models, it's just the gunner. Beware of this when multiple guns are going off from the same unit. :)

Q#2 - Re-roll will negate the overheat, saving yourself the dreaded armour save that I always seem to fail :p

Good luck on the dice rolls! 8X

~ j

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thanks for your answer, but I've got something else that is bothering me now:
the rulebook states (p.30) that multiple shot increase the odds.
Is that multiple shots "per turn" or "per attack"?

Say my SM sergeant has a terminator honours (+1 attack per turn) and a plasma pistol.
First attack: he shoots twice with his pistol.
Second attack: het shoots twice with his pistol.

Does that mean a 4 or less fries the model? Or just a 1 or 2?

·
The Fallen
7,745 Posts
No, you are completley confused there, Attacks are not use for shooting, the sgt can shoot with the pistol, but only as fast as anyone else, the "attacks" statisitc is used for close combat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops

No, you are completley confused there, Attacks are not use for shooting, the sgt can shoot with the pistol, but only as fast as anyone else, the "attacks" statisitc is used for close combat

You are right! I was thinking of "Dungeons and Dragons" attacks... My mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.