Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard this from someone on 40Kforums who said that GW might be considering making the first ever Plastic Super Heavy. Well I thought thats never gonna happen, but hey, we all have our fantasies...mines having two legions of Titans...

I personally doubt it totally as GW have said stuff like this before and never done it. But it would be good, and it would cost £50 in english pounds, don't know in dollars (The same as a Mumakil)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ummm this one I kind of doubt as no one has ever had any evidence to support this.
I really don't see why Games Workshop would want to build one as it would still cost $150-$250 which is plain crazy for a single plastic model.

Sure it would be sick to have a cheaper GW produced Baneblade, but all we can do is wait for some official info on such a rumor.

~~~No1:sleep:

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Yeah, I'd scrap that rumor mainly due to the price of those kind of models. First it takes a lot of plastic and development to make the molds and models, too far than its going to sell.

Next, if GW releases it, they must make it useable in tournaments? If not, then sales of it will not even do it justice. The baneblade can never cost undr 150$ or so. That would put all meaning of Forgeworld down the toilet. And also allows little kids who beg their parents to buy them stuff... well lets just say you'll see newbies around carrying baneblades and not even knowing how to play.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Haha yeah, I dont even know a baneblade stats, but I've seen what it has done in Dawn of War, and by far jeebus, no I'm not ready to fight against that thing o.o

Its warmachine sized... and poops on a land raider..

But then again... this would provide orks for some looting fest now eh?

Uh sir, theres a big tank,

oh our baneblade?

Yes... wait no.. its colored red..

Wait, since when was it colored red?

sir... I think its... a .. Looted Baneblade! That will be the day.

·
948 Posts
A plastic Baneblade has been semi-confirmed.
No, it wouldn't be something you could bring every day. It'd still have at least the same amount of restriction that it does now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
MiketehFox said:
I think unless the Restrictions are "Can only use in games of 2500 points or more...." you'll find them to be pretty common.

Mike
I'd say 3000+ and you tell your opponent before hand. These things are beast I've gone up against one once before, and I have to say they are devilish at there worst.

Why not make a tank that somewhere between a Leman Russ and a Baneblade. Kind of like a Land Raider with a Super Battle Cannon, now I'd defiantly buy that.

~~~No1:yes:

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Therefore even more reason why its not going to come.

And if it were.. i wonder what GW is going to be smoking spending time on developing something that is useless.. and not helping orks or eldar

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Murekhalir said:
Therefore even more reason why its not going to come.

And if it were.. i wonder what GW is going to be smoking spending time on developing something that is useless.. and not helping orks or eldar
Eaxtly, next thing you know, Thunderhawks, Gargants and Bio-Titans will start ruling the board. I say leave the big stuff for Epic 40,000 and special Games like Mega Battles.

Mike

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Chyeah.

I think big rumours are circulating everywhere.

Baneblade, Drop pods, ....

wait that makes me remember....

Tau Pirahnas (or w.e. those little scout flyers things... )

Those are being GW made.. so maybe i guess maybe we might see it then?

Who knows... I still think GW is smoking haha..

·
Registered
236 Posts
They better not come out for with a GW baneblade. It would be to expensive and everyone would get it. Here is the outline of what would happen:
Action: GW releases a baneblade
Reaction: Everyone buys a baneblade who can afford it
Result: Everyone starts playing IG in games of 2500 pt. so they can use the baneblade
Conclusion: GW loses profit because everyone is playing guard and nobody is buying anything besides IG models and FW models

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
haha so true.. so true. but then the fate of humanity would be saved from the ever doomful xenos and other little bugs who oppose the Imperial Guard and humanity of man! but in conclusion. Don't plan on seeing a plastic baneblade.

·
948 Posts
What you guys are forgetting is that, at this point in time, it's still going to be Imperial Armour.
So, still requires a massive game, a second FOC, a (slightly less) hideous amount of change and opponent's consent. And it still won't be allowed in your average GW tourny (I've never seen one that allows Imperial Armour stuff bigger then, like, Russ variants and the like)

It's not like they're redoing the Guard codex and sticking this thing in as a new Heavy Support choice or anything. You're overreacting.

So. Plan on seeing a plastic Baneblade in a few years. Current estimation is 2007. But don't plan on seeing one everywhere. It's still gonna be like a Titan-you just can't field them in anything but hideously large games that your opponent allows.

Besides, for every Baneblade a guy brings, you can bring an equal point value in anti-tank guns. A guy at my local club is getting one, so I just told him I'd use/proxy the 18 Broadsides I could bring against the thing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
If I owned a Baneblade I would be the one to say "oh crap I going to get creamed". Because then my friends would bring every heavy weapons team/ Devastator squad/ Anti tank gun imaginable just to blow that sucker up by turn 2.

A super heavy and or Titan is by no means a guaranteed victory. After all it is alot of points in one single model, and every Pro army list builder always preaches against this.

I'm just thinking if it is built it would be the most expensive single model GW makes, so how many would they make?

~~~No1:|

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
But doesnt it have insane rules to wipe out a lot of material by turn 2? So that they wouldn't kill you.

(not sure of the rules, I've never seen any)

·
The Orange Grey Knight
3,830 Posts
Well, as a War Machine, it can have a Differnet Target for each Gun, and with a Demolisher and a Mega Battlecannon (going off VDR rules) along with 3 HBs and more, it could easily weaken several squads in one turn.

It may only last 2 turns, but it's a killer on those 2 turns.

Mike

1 - 20 of 38 Posts