Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on wikipedia that where getting plastic dreads and kans in march. Anyone hear anything about this?

·
Registered
85 Posts
GW put out a preview of the year to come a while back. There was an image that made me think that a New Dredd was coming...seems likely it would be plastic. Cans would be SWEET!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yah, it was in their newsletter dealie. I was wondering where on Wikipedia the OP found the information, 'cos I just checked the Ork section and there's nothing about plastic Deff Dreads.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just wondering about the release of the plastic dreads and kans would that also mean a price reduction? Or just the fact that plastic is easier to work with then metal?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hmmm, well we'd have to look at the other units that have gone from metal to plastic, and whether they have received a price reduction, in order to make an accurate guess. From a price perspective though, it is significantly cheaper to mould in plastic as opposed to metal, so from that standpoint I'd expect a slight reduction if nothing else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I would have to agree going from metal to plastic really didn't seem to help raveners for nids at all.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah I would have to agree going from metal to plastic really didn't seem to help raveners for nids at all.
As a Nids player I much prefer this new system, I pay about $8 less per Ravener and I get a metric ton of extra bitz as well, unlike the old metal ones which came with just the standard armament. I see a similar thing happening with Kans, we get 3 in a box for about $70-$90, with a lot of bitz and extras thrown in. A slight saving on average per kan, and more other stuff. Of course this may just be wishful thinking...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I remember seeing something like this on BOLS recently, but for the life of me, I cant find the article anymore. What I understood was that there was going to be a plastic or killer kan box for like 40 dollars, but the details seemed to suggest that you would get more than one in a box. The details on BOLS looked like shipping/inventory style descriptions but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for plastic kans!

·
Registered
109 Posts
One more thing. I was just browsing through the GW 'Canada' website and I cant seem to find Killer Kans. It may not mean anything, but I'm hoping that the fact of their removal might suggest that we'll see new Kans out very soon!

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
One more thing. I was just browsing through the GW 'Canada' website and I cant seem to find Killer Kans. It may not mean anything, but I'm hoping that the fact of their removal might suggest that we'll see new Kans out very soon!
They also disappeared from my UK wishlist and from the heavy support...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts