Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who thinks we should should have plastic HQ like ever other army?

·
Monkey Pirate
452 Posts
All my officers are built from tank commander parts... or just regular guardsmen give a shiny hat or something simple. So no. The extra bits that come with all of our tanks is more than enough to build officers.

·
Registered
358 Posts
It would be nice, but in all reality few armies have plastic HQ's. Only SM, CSM, and Tau have them IIRC. Not even Orks, who have the newest codex, have them.

·
Registered
762 Posts
i wouldint complain if we got one... but using random plastic bits from all of our boxed sets you can get some very neat looking models.

My favorite is using the head and torso from a tank set combined with the crouching legs from the heavy weapons set with the oil drum fron the tank on the base. This gives the officer a more realistic look of being in cover like a good comander should, not some fool that stands in the middile of the field sword held high with a 5+save

·
975 Posts
Well im planning on playing a drop army. So that means im either not going to buy tanks or buy the battleforce and have to sell the tank sprues. Therefore i wont have the cool tank commander for conversion. What i would love to see is the command squad they all ready have, (the metal one that is really hard to do anything with), turned into plastic with instead of the models being solid have some arm swaping options. That would be pretty sweet. I mean i would never buy the ig command squad as is simply because i dont like the way the squad looks.

Who wants a dying guardsmen + a monacle wearing officer + a lone melta gun + a goofy looking medic (battlefied medics dont hook up iv drips, the job of a battlefield medic to to patch up a wound and stop it from getting worse so a medical officer can fix it later) and a huge cadian banner.

·
Watcher In The Sky
1,083 Posts
a monacle wearing officer
HEY! I really like the monocle wearing chappie. I dont have one but he looks damn good.

Very aristocratic what?

I wouldnt say no to plastic officers though. But its not urgent, since we have everything but officers and special weapons in plastic as is. Oh, and stormtroopers, but that is already set to change.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can't imagine why you'd take any equipment greater than a powersword on an officer, and the aristocratic one looks great! I guess its the player's choice to equip their officer with a refractor shield, a powerfist, a medal or two, a plasma pistol and the list goes on, but it just is a poor way to spend those points. I genuinely do like the model with the short haircut and the monocle-like bionic eye.

·
975 Posts
I agree that tooled up IG commanders are not a good idea, I used to enjoy killing them with models that cost less in points. But now im an ig player and i dont like the look of that model. He just doesn't seem to me like what a front line commander, or drop troop commander in my case, would look like. He seems more to be the artilery regiment command. He is all proper in his dress uniform holding his sword in parade rest. Not an action inspring model.

He looks nice, just not what I'm looking for in a commander, just my opinion. But plastic command box would make it really easy to convert a commander. O well perhaps i have to beg my bro for some tank commanders from his ig army bitz.

·
709 Posts
I would be nice if they would develop a kit where you had your commanding officer and 4 guard to go with him.

IG plastics need a couple of buffs in general (i.e. plastic melta/plasma guns)

It would be nice to get enough bits to make the officer with a storm boler, bolt pistol, etc. Maybe a new codex will fix things up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts