Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im playing choas soon and would like advice....i plan on using lots of basilisks and even more lascannon squads.............

·
Registered
30 Posts
well im new to the forum but ive been playing guard for 6 years now and i have a iron warrior player in my gaming club

BASALISKS WORK

I LOVE THOSE PIE PLATES EVEREYWERE

so yes take 3 of them and pound him and take lascannons for his tanks and his terminators

at least that is what i do :ph34r:

·
Son of LO
2,160 Posts
Don't make more than one tank for every 500 points you have to spend. So only use 3 basilisks if you are playing over 1500 points. Even then, I usually use one basilisk a leman russ and either a demolisher or exterminator.
Lascannons are a must, but don't overdo it. Autocannons and heavy bolters are also really good just because they can put so MUCH fire down range. With the IG's pathetic BS skill you need to shoot a lot to actually get hits and turn those hits into wounds.
Remember, they only save so many wounds before they fail one and it only takes failing one for a regular CSM troop.
I take a squad of Heavy Bolters, a squad of Autocannons and 4 lascannons in my troop squads in every army.

·
994 Posts
here my advice:

keep your men close together so 2 - 3 squads near each other (guard works best when working together)

use lascannon teams attached to your HQ

stand and shoot

take a missile in every squad. the krak missiles can ignore power armour saves, great for taking out chaos. dont underestimate standard lasgun fire. when its concentrate it can destroy alot of units (especially within 12).

whatever is left charge and if you can help it dont be charged. the amount of men you are likely to have will mean that you will have loads of attacks especially on the charge.

take sentinels with lascannons they can kill alot of nasty enemies such as terminators.

i hope this helps

death to the chaos scum

·
Registered
841 Posts
ALL CHAOS SCUM SHALL BURN!
well anyway :D remember that IW can have basiliks and also vindicator so u have to watch out or ur guards will die in thousands :p
try to bombard with ur somewhat 'superior' firepower and try to kill the enemy heavy support... other than that IW are really really weak....
but its a matter of luck always..

·
Registered
696 Posts
I like the basiliks but doesnt the scatter roll make it a big gamble?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I like the basiliks but doesnt the scatter roll make it a big gamble?
Oh definantly not!

You will have a good chance beating the IW, but watch out for their ordinance too.
They are allowed to have a bit of it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
its shooty army vs shooty army on this one lol

i think the IW is the stronger of the two, just depends how the players.. play

·
Registered
179 Posts
you can't realy go into battle facing th IW as IG and have a "I'm here to kill them all" mindset. Concentrate firepower on the high point-cost units and know when to sacrifice units, the artillary raining down on both sides justs adds to the fun; but keep in mind that you can't rely soley on the 'arty. There has to be a combined arms effort, arty slows the opponents advance, massed fire power whittles away at the approaching infantry, armoured vehicles provides a bastion of fire for the infantry, HQ squads support with morale modifiers. If anything, simply take out the high point cost units, while tying him up with your cheaper units. Fire las-cannons and similar low AP wepons at the oblits, use h.bolters and autocannos on the infantry, use the battle cannons on transports and anything else that moves. But most of all, turn the enemies cover against him by using the arty to hit units stuck behind cover.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i destroy his tank with one basilisk shot and nailed the rest of his army with arty until he got close enough then i gunned him down with lascannons and lasguns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.