Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just started my khorn chaos army and i am having a problem with my lord.I want him to be on a steed but i dont like the model u get in the box.I had an idea to combine the model from the box with archaon but i dont how to do it with the lord ending up looking real good and realy 'khorny'.Any good ideas are very welocome.(it doesnt have to be boxed khorn lord and archaon, if u have better ideas post them aswell they are even more welcome!)

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you work from the model from the box, an easy way to get rid of his silly look is to use a different head and a different weapon. Just find something you like, and swap em.

Otherwse, you could use Archaon's model and just paint it red, although you should try and cover up his undivided theme, doable by filling his horses brand with green stuff, and swapping his shield for the Khorne Lord Model's.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Is it the rider or the daemonic mount part that you don't like? If you like the rider why not mount him on a juggernaut? You don't get much more hard core Khorne than that.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
You can either check out ebay to see if there are any bargains on juggernauts. Alternatively you can buy a 40k chaos champion on a juggernaut from the GW website and just use the juggernaut. They are really cool models and big and hefty, really feels like you are moving something around :)

The rider is trickier as I quite like it. Have you had a look through the classic and collectors section on GW's site, some of the older chaos champions might take your fancy.

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
Shield, Armour of damnation, axe of khorne, and gaze of the gods.

This lord as yet to die in combat on my part (got rundown by combat resolution though ^_^ )

·
Registered
657 Posts
Shield, Armour of damnation, axe of khorne, and gaze of the gods.
I support this entirely. I was allowed to use this in a in-store megabattle once, needless to say he charge like 50 elves and was still fighting at the end of six turns, yet to take a wound.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thats a very good combination,but i was thinking to give him a daemon sword and i dont know is that good idea cause its a little overpriced and then i dont have enough points to give him a good protection...

·
Son of LO
4,630 Posts
the deamonsword will kill really fast, 6 attacks and all 1s resolve against him, 3 turns of combat by himself (not count wounds your opponent might inflict) and he's dead ^_^

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The Daemon sword is really expensive for what it does and will leave you with very little protection. Armour of Damnation is fantastic, almost compulsory in fact. I quite like the berserker sword if you have the dude on a mount with a 50mm base, puts you in contact with a lot of models which increases the number of attacks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
what i did for my lord of khorne was i bought a chaos knight blister and a khorne lord blister. i put the head of the khorne lord on the knight body and the axe from the lord and put it on the knight body. Ill try and post a picture when i get home. I also used some of my warrior bits and made a lord/hero out of what was left of the lord blister.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Capt. Phil said:
so itsa very bad idea?
Giving him a daemon sword will probably get him killed pretty quickly, given the expense of the sword he will only have the armour save from his shield and chaos armour. Also the stat line of a bloodthirster that he would end up with gives a lot of very high strength attacks, and every 1 you roll to hit ends up hitting your character. He only has 3 wounds in total and you are probably going to roll at least one 1 each turn.

·
Registered
657 Posts
It's worse than that, he gets 8 attacks.

7 base for Bloodthirster, +1 for Frenzy. Overall he gets +2 to WS, S, I, and A all for 85, but will eventually be his own demise. Don't get me wrong though, I killed the Witch King in one turn using a daemon sword.

The Hellfire sword is worthwhile against ogres and characters and such, but way over the top against any army low on such things.

·
Registered
264 Posts
aufde said:
Ill try and post a picture when i get home.
I am having problems putting my pictures on here, sorry i can't get them on here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts