Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm wondering what the dimensions of the Hammerhead, Sky Ray, Piranha, Shadowsun, and Battlesuit Commander are.

I'm going to be playing 40k with some friends in the next few weeks, and I don't have money to buy the tanks and HQs, so they've said I can proxy them.

I'd like to build them out of Lego, but I need to know the exact dimensions. I need length, width, and height of the various parts (ie: wings and body), as well as the dimensions of the weapons. Basically, I need to be able to build up a picture of what it should look like, and using photos of the models, I'll be able to build them to nearly the right specs.

Even if I get the Hammerhead, Piranha and one of the two Commanders, I'll be able to work off of those to get the others.

Any help is very much appreciated:)

Thank you so much
Mysta

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Wow that actually sounds like a fun idea....

I'll have a go at building a hammerhead/devilfish (I have the model) to scale tomorrow with my little brother's lego (he's asleep right now so I can't do it tonight!) and then post back here with the measurements in lego block terms when I'm done!

I challenge anyone else to do the piranha/commander!! Infact - prove it with pics! :)

This really does sound like a fun activity - thanks for the idea Mysta02, hopefully my effort will help you and save you some time in the process!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Waddy:) I look forward to seeing the numbers, and the photos!! I hope others are as encouraged as you.

·
Formerly BrotherAzriel
2,373 Posts
This is hillarious, i cant wait to see some pics.

Edit, google lego warhammer, there is some mega stuff done, though no Tau yet!

·
Ogre Tyrant
921 Posts
Okay so I got impatient and stole the lego (thankfully without waking anyone up!)...

Here is what I managed - there's a couple of shots with measurements in them with lego blocks compared to sections of a devilfish, and then a shot of my (very poor!) attempt at copying the devilfish!

Unfortunately I think I stole the devilfish engines for another project, but my guess is that they're 4 blocks high, 2 wide and 5 long.

For a hammerhead, just use the same dimensions and add a long thin gun (1 high, two wide, 9ish long) for a railgun.

As long as you get the general hull shape and height right then it won't matter for a friendly game considering you're allowed to use proxies!

I can't figure out how to put pics in my post, but I uploaded them onto photobucket and the album can be found here: http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab103/waddywoos/Lego Devilfish/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU!!! That's awesome. That's exactly what I needed:) Now I can begin. Hopefully, someone's got a battlesuit lying around:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts