Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got my hands on some glade guard, and I'm having trouble with one aspect of them :( . The leather, skin and other details i'm fine with, but the cloak is really giving me trouble. Its a winter theme, and I was wondering if someone could help, or post a link to somewhere that could help.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
White cloak.

Step 1: Paint the whole cloak "Calthan Brown"

Step 2: Mix 50/50 "Calthan Brown and Rotting Flesh" Paint the cloak FULLY again.

Step 3: Mix 50% "Roting Flesh" on top of the Step 2 mix. Paint the edges of the cloak, leaveing the Step 2 mix in the receses.

Step 4: Paint Rotting flesh on top of the Step 3 , but more on the degeing, leaveing a bit of Step 3 to see.

Step 5: Get Skul white now...and do highlightning on the major corners of the cloaks.

BINGO....a purfect white robe / cloak.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help Nupagade +rep!
However, I was hoping for a way that involves inks, as I have got lots to paint!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?!

·
161 Posts
Afraid I don't have anything that I've used myself, but this article on cmon shows how to paint a very easy white (just space wolves gray in the recesses + cleaning up with white).

Otherwise, I would recommend just experimenting with blue, black and brown washes and highlight with white. You do get a couple of spare cloaks in the set. For inspiration, GW has a glade guard gallery. The CMON site is a very good place to search for miniatures as well.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks really helped! +rep! Best thing is i can add washes on top! Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.