Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much deliberation (And arm twisting by friends), I have decided to start playing Warhammer FB.

I just purchaced the Tomb Kings Codex and have been reading through it a lot.

I just have a question for you more experienced WHFB players.

What is the average points used in a battle?

I know in 40K most 'pick up games' and tourneys are 1850 points and a large battle may be 2000 - 3000 points with the minimum of about 1000 points for the smaller battle.

I just want to get an idea of what type and how many troops I was looking at.

If someone can give me an idea I'd appreciate your time.

· stupidity just kicked in!
815 Posts
I don't know about other players but me and my 'group' usually play 1500-2500 games. I think most tounaments are 2000, although I haven't played in many.
WHFB battles takes more time to play than 40k from my expreience.

· Registered
769 Posts
You really should play 2000+ pts, as this is the normal points and TK perform badly under that. TK really suffer the lower they go in points. Border patrol......I refuse to imagine it.:x

And a Lord is very important for TK. Either an LHP with one or two priests, or a TK with three priests. Though we continue to search for a hero worse than the icon bearer, we have not found it.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I appreciate the prompt replies.

I've been reading many of the TK suggestion threads and all seem to agree with y'all about TK's problems in < 2000 points...

I guess I'm in for another collection mania deal like my 12,000 points of Orks. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.