Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Pirate Chaos Space Marine
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was strolling up to work today, I was thinking about my next order. As I did I cursed about the obliterators. Even if they're quite nice looking, the thought of painting metal models make me wake up screaming in the middle of the night. Then it struck me; what if I combine the awesome Chaos Terminator box with some bits from the awesome Chaos Possessed box (and perhaps some other bits for guns and stuff)?

I'm very inexperienced with conversions, so I thought I'd ask here. What do you guys think, Can it be done? Could it be good? Has anyone already tried? Any suggestions?

·
Murder
3,492 Posts
I think just terminators and green stuff is plenty, thats what I wanted to do but I don't want to buy terms so I'm making my own out of just left over marine pieces and some imagination.

But terms and some GS is what I would love to do if I could, I don't like the oblit models much but I love the fluff of them and painting metal is terrible too so yeah.

·
230 Posts
I agree with duane here. Once I get some more termie legs and torsos Im going to make some oblits out of spawn, possessed, and spare guns "fused" in with gs

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I've come up with a plan.

Instead of buying a box of terminators and a box of possessed, shake and mix, I think I'm going to get a box terminators. Then I'll buy some possessed arms bits to use as power-fists (possibly some possessed heads because they look cool) and scavenge some weapons bits (I have a lascannon or two lying around from a predator and a friend agreed to give me some multi-meltas from his immolators, thinking about ordering a plasma cannon or two) and use green stuff to put the weapons together on the other arm. I'm thinking one or two from the bigger guns and one or two from the smaller ones on each model.

What do you guys think? Anything to add? Hints? Warnings?

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, I just want to say, that if anyone here me saying anything even remotely resembling the same stupidity as "how hard can it be?" when refering to green stuff, please to the one merciful thing and put me down...

That being said, I've actually managed to give this thing a go. So far, two uglies have seen the light of day. They're not painted yet, these pictures are more to show off green stuff. Please ignore that my sculpting skills are none existent and look at it more like a proof of concept.
Also, note that the poses are not final, the arms are only attached with blue-tac. I like to paint parts and glue them together as I finish painting areas that would be hard to get to once the part is attached to the model.

So without further ado, I give you;
LanCe, the Lascannon carrying ravager of school kitchens!

...and ... PaCo(?!), the plasmacannon hoisting villain of the great hamburger heist!

·
Sir Proofreader
4,251 Posts
Kill Mechatius and eat him?
Works for Marines, Tyrannids and Kroot.

Sorry, not helping much, I know. The conversions look quite good, though!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The conversion is looking very good so far. Any ideas for the head or are you going to use the standard terminator helm.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Better than decent home-made obliterators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Break out the celebratory drinks!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:
errrr........... does anyone have a glass of water? I'm under 18.....
Ah well

Those are looking GREAT!!!!
Fantastic work. Keep it up

Swarbie of the Hive Mind
Gimme a minute, the dinner's trying to use its bolter...

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, it was a bit unexpected, but nice, to see this thread on top again. :)

About the pictures, as it happen I actually started painting these bad boys last week and I have only a few minutes of detailing left of the one with the plasma cannon. I plan on finishing that tonight or tomorrow morning. When my fiancée comes back with the camera tomorrow I might be able to post some pictures. I paint for tabletop use though, so don't expect Golden Daemon material. :p

The conversion is looking very good so far. Any ideas for the head or are you going to use the standard terminator helm.
For these two it's just going to be regular terminator heads. They are however mostly a proof of concept (and my first green stuff work at that). However, as they worked out rather nicely, and I want more obliterators for my army, there may come a time when I decide to mess with some heads. :)

Thank you very much for all the feedback!
Cheers!

·
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok, I know the weekend has come and gone, but better late than never, right? :)

Without further ado, the gruesome two, now in color!

As I said, no Golden Daemon material, but It's good enough for my table. :)

Also, I tried two different kinds of lighting in the photos. The one with the plasma cannon was flash only and the other had another source of light as well. Which one works best?

Lastly, there's a cookie for the first person to see my one VERY big mistake... :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts