Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, right now I have two Jump Cannoness.

The first Looks like this:

Jump pack
Cloak
Book
Inferno Pistol
Evicerator

The second looks like this:

Jump Pack
Cloak
Book
Mantle of Ophelia
Blessed Weapon
Bolt Pistol
Frag Grenades

The first one really has not been up to snuff recently and just seems to be falling to the side, whereas the second one has been blowing me away in performance. I've been debating dropping my other Cannoness completely and giving the other one the inferno pistol. The problem is, she costs 136 points right now, and if I give her the inferno pistol, that will put her at 150 and 5 points over the 100 point limit of wargear. The most logical thing I see to drop would be the Mantle, but it has saved her life more then once and at T3 to many things can insta kill her (scatter lasers for example). I could also drop the book, but that's the best damn 5 points anyone could spend on a model.

Should I drop the Mantle for an inferno Pistol or leave her the way she is?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Leave her the way she is.

a lot of times, you're looking to get her stuck into combat during your opponent's turn. hitting and instakilling a target, only to be stuck out in the open isn't good.

I run the 122pt (no mantle) version a lot myself, and have her payoff. She's pretty good at eating IC's, and hitting small squads. The Book's not a huge benefit, but it is nice to use her Ld 10 when you can.

I go for the defense of the mantle over the offense of the short range pistol. You know she's going to draw fire, since she's a threat, and it does suck to get instakilled by a multilaser.

The first cannoness is a loadout I never was crazy about personally. I like the versatility of the BW and faith.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually did my math wrong, it's actually 137 points so I couldn't drop the book anyway.

I was also looking into the possibility of breaking a transport open and the assaulting the prize inside, as well as taking advantage of a BS5 melta shot, which is pretty much a guaranteed kill.

·
Registered
625 Posts
the limit of 100 points is for wargear such as the book, cloak, etc. Weapons are not part of it. In the armory if u are not selecting from the "wargear" section it doesnt count towards the limit.
My typical Anti-Armor Canoness:
IP
Evi
Book
Cloak
Mantle
Jump Pack
and maybe a rosarius if i feel like i need the extra protection.
That being said i am only at 60-85 points towards the 100 limit, the 40 points for the weapons dont get counted.

This is all based on my memory as i dont have a codex in front of me but I am 95% positive that it states at the top of the armory page that only 100 points of "wargear" maybe taken and that the section listing the cloak book etc is called wargear.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hrm, I'll definatly have to take another look. If that's the case, I'll definatly drop the bolt pistol.

·
Registered
625 Posts
ya i just looked it up, at the top of page 20 the first two sentences explain it. Characters can have up to two weapons, one of which may be a two-handed weapon. You may also pick up to 100 points worth of wargear per model but no model may be given the same item twice.

So weapons and psychic powers do not count towards the 100 point limit per model just the second column under the Wargear title.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that solves my issue... someone's got a new Inferno Pistol :3

·
Registered
625 Posts
just wanted to let you know the possiblities of the canoness with the setup i previously established. I ran her with a squad of 10 seraphim with 2x IP, meltabombs, VSS with evic and plasma. during a doubles game she got her entire squad into range of enemy armor, blew up a chimera and demolisher without losing a single person, survived two IG platoons shooting, jumped over to a hammerhead after losing her squad and killed it with a single shot. Got assaulted by two crisis suits, 5 drones, and a character took a single wound from them before she ended up forcing them to run and catching them for a complete wipe out. Afterwards survived another round of hell from IG fire to include a few lascannons before jumping behind a medusa and killing it with a single shot.

so to tally everything up,
W/ squad: Chimera blown, Demolisher blown
W/out squad: Hammerhead blown, Medusa wrecked, 7 models killed in CC

It was an epic night for my lady, Ceras Victoria (yes i named her after police girl from Hellsing)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.