Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
i was wondering which is the damage that is dealt from a power weapon to a vehicle in close combat? :0
Another way of looking at it is this: A power weapon is no different from a non-power weapon, in close combat vs vehicles.

You get no bonuses simply due to the weapon being powered. :)

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
Another way of looking at it is this: A power weapon is no different from a non-power weapon, in close combat vs vehicles.

You get no bonuses simply due to the weapon being powered. :)
I believe that any glances become penetrating hits in 4th ed so there is a difference.

No differences in strength though.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
I believe that any glances become penetrating hits in 4th ed so there is a difference.

No differences in strength though.
You're thinking of the rules for AP1 weapons, which always penetrate vehicles due to their sheer penetrating power. This refers to guns, like Meltas, Railguns, etc. CC weapons don't carry an AP value,, and therefore a Power Weapon - while functionally the same as an AP1 gun (no armour saves) - doesn't get the bonus.

Power fists and the like still get to double your strength (it's a basic characteristic of the weapon), and Chainfists/Eviscerators/Melta weapons still roll 2D6 armour penetration (because it's their special rule, Monoliths mess with this, though), but the basic "Power" effect makes no particular difference to a tank.

·
Master of the Crab Women
1,007 Posts
You're thinking of the rules for AP1 weapons, which always penetrate vehicles due to their sheer penetrating power. This refers to guns, like Meltas, Railguns, etc. CC weapons don't carry an AP value,, and therefore a Power Weapon - while functionally the same as an AP1 gun (no armour saves) - doesn't get the bonus.

Power fists and the like still get to double your strength (it's a basic characteristic of the weapon), and Chainfists/Eviscerators/Melta weapons still roll 2D6 armour penetration (because it's their special rule, Monoliths mess with this, though), but the basic "Power" effect makes no particular difference to a tank.
Erm didn't you read my corrective post?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.