Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a box of Lychguard in the mail, and 5 extra Necron Warriors (armless) sitting around. I was thinking I'd give the Lychguard the Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields, and have lots of weapon parts to spare- I'd use these to convert some Warriors into Triarch Praetorians.

So, anyone who's bought and built Lychguard with the sword-and-shield combination: how many arms are left over? And how many would I need to buy to make some Warriors into Praetorians?

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I have a box of Lychguard in the mail, and 5 extra Necron Warriors (armless) sitting around. I was thinking I'd give the Lychguard the Hyperphase Swords and Dispersion Shields, and have lots of weapon parts to spare- I'd use these to convert some Warriors into Triarch Praetorians.

So, anyone who's bought and built Lychguard with the sword-and-shield combination: how many arms are left over? And how many would I need to buy to make some Warriors into Praetorians?
The Lychguard/Praetorian kit is HUGE. It comes with 5 pairs of legs, 5 torso fronts, 10 torso backs, 10 heads, 15 arms (8 right, 7 left), 5 of each of every possible weapon for both Lychguard and Praetorians and a buckeatload of extra frills like spines, tails, loincloths and gravity displacement packs.

If you assemble 5 sword an' board Lychguard out of the kit as instructed in the kit you are left with 5 Praetorian torso backs, 5 heads, 5 arms (3 right, 2 left), 5 gravity displacement packs, 5 extra spines, 5 extra tails, 5 particle casters, 5 voidblades and 5 rods of covenant.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Presuming they are 'armless is just careless...
Ha ha. Does anyone think it would be possible to use the Necron Warrior arms to hold the Rods of Covenant, or are they too short?

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
One alternative to consider (one that I was thinking of, at least) is to use the extra rods for crypteks using the warrior bodies as a base. Crypteks have the same stat-line as a warrior, so the warrior body makes more sense than the larger, beefier lychguard or immortal bodies. Then, just use rod of the covenants painted (and possibly cut) in different styles for the different staff options, and deathmark heads for the cyclopean look. Keep those praetorian heads around for something else, like for court lords or something.

Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Ha ha. Does anyone think it would be possible to use the Necron Warrior arms to hold the Rods of Covenant, or are they too short?
The arms that come with the Lychguard/Praetorian kit look suspiciously much like Necron Warrior arms. They are the same size if not even made from same GS masters.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought two Praetorian boxes on release day, saw all the extra parts, and then bought one Necron Warriors box the next day.
I made the two different Praetorian configurations from the Praetorian boxes and used some Necron Warrior arms for customizing poses.
I made the Lychguard using the legs, front torso, and arms of the Warriors; back torso, crown heads, front codpiece(?), and spines from the Praetorian/Lychguard boxes. I think they look very good.
Photos to be appended!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My order hasn't arrived yet, so I'd like to see someone's attempt before I try. Your conversion sounds like exactly what I'd be trying for (except warriors to Praetorians, not Lychguard). Does anyone think the cage-type thing on the back of the Praetorian could be attached to a Warrior's back, or is it just too big?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Photos to be appended!
Looking forward to seeing them! Having a moderate Ork force, I can appreciate an army that is easily customizable (Such as using Ork Boyz and the bitz from the Loota/Burna kit). I didn't think Necrons would be that easy ^-^ With 10 torso backs (probably the most convincing bit to make the conversion) can anybody think of an effective way of squeezing 10 Praetorians with swords and casters out of the kit?

Also, rep for the idea of using Warriors and Rods of Covenant to convert Crypteks.

Edit: Also, in regards to arm poses being too long/short to jive well with other bitz, I've had success using a lighter (2-3" above the tip of the flame) to bend Ork arms to the right posture, provided the joint isn't molded together. Granted, I'm not sure what materials GW are casting with these days, so I'm not sure if the same technique would meet success still, also not sure if 'Cron arms are too thin to be able to absorb just enough heat to become slightly malleable without suffering too much damage. And damage will be done, but only a slight amount of warping or cracking around where the joint was adjusted. Nothing a little green stuff won't fix (or super glue and flecks of tissue paper)

·
Double Clutching Weasel
3,279 Posts
I bought two Praetorian boxes on release day, saw all the extra parts, and then bought one Necron Warriors box the next day.
I made the two different Praetorian configurations from the Praetorian boxes and used some Necron Warrior arms for customizing poses.
I made the Lychguard using the legs, front torso, and arms of the Warriors; back torso, crown heads, front codpiece(?), and spines from the Praetorian/Lychguard boxes. I think they look very good.
Photos to be appended!
Yes, pix pls. That sounds like a pretty good conversion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts