Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
gday all as the title may give away my question is about pre heresy in tournys. i have made about one third of my isstvan loyalists and had planned to have them use the chaos codex but i am unsure if this will be allowed, of course i wouldnt use overly chaos units like defilers or oblits but i would use berzerkers rules but pre heresy style, i believe it is fitting and would make for a more heresy list,what do you all think ?

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
gday all as the title may give away my question is about pre heresy in tournys. i have made about one third of my isstvan loyalists and had planned to have them use the chaos codex but i am unsure if this will be allowed, of course i wouldnt use overly chaos units like defilers or oblits but i would use berzerkers rules but pre heresy style, i believe it is fitting and would make for a more heresy list,what do you all think ?
I think the only real way to know would be to ask the tournament organisers themselves. Different tournaments are, well, different, so you wont really know for sure, otherwise.

Personally, I think it would be fine so long as everything is simple WYSIWYG, and that your opponent understands which codex you are using beforehand. Also, tournament people tend to like good conversions and new takes on old armies - its one of the reasons I like to go to the events!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I took a heresy style army to my last tourney... No drama's in taking it as all my squads are painted individually.
But when it came to the judging for best painted I lost out a bit. It was out of three armies, mine being one of them (according to the GW judge) I lost out because my army used the chaos 'dex, and it was too clean looking for chaos... (but all in all the guy who won deserved to win)..

·
Set Sail and Conquer!
1,633 Posts
[
But when it came to the judging for best painted I lost out a bit. It was out of three armies, mine being one of them (according to the GW judge) I lost out because my army used the chaos 'dex, and it was too clean looking for chaos...
Thats a bit harsh dude - sounds like a judge who is unable to remove any preconceptions and choose purely on what he sees in front of him! But if you say the guy who won did so on merit anyway, ah well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.