Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what changes needed to be made on the run of the mil tact marine to make him "pre heresy"? Studded shoulder guards? Different bolters? different helmets? different knees? what???

Thanks a bunch.. BTW i is for a Luna Wolves, not sons of horus army... thanks

·
By the Silver Sword!
713 Posts
Pre-heresy armour would be Mk. IV armour. Aka, 'strappy' armour. The cover art of False Gods shows what I mean.

For the legs you can use all the legs for Marines, (getting rid of the really chaosy bits on the Chaos legs) Same with the arms and bolters. With the SM bolters, scrape off the aquilla/winged skull/skull off the side. With the chaos ones, get rid of the chaos iconography.

Mk. IV helms (or earlier) only, so the BT sprue is good for this.

This site is good for what was/wasn't about during the Heresy: Pre-heresy ideas

Hope this helps :happy:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, i saw your wolves and they looked really good by the way.
so i can use normal legs, torso without wings, normal arms, normal bolters with scrapping... but what about helmets? i don't want to buy the box for just the helmets, and i also want a variety... and i heard that normal helmets are okay if you scrape the tope vent thing off???

·
LO Zealot
1,744 Posts
Check this site out... it even has logo sheets for the armies that don't have... like pre-Heresy ones!

More particularly... Click me

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm US... our store doesn't have that... unfortunatly... but is it true that some of the guys could have the helmet with shaved top???

and ya, anyone know a good bit store that has LOTS of studded shoulder pads and old helmets...

also, are all the shoulder pads studded?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.