Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Writing up some lists for 1700 points so I can have a direction to build towards when collecting future models; I have about 1000 points right now. It's going to be for tournaments, and I want best general; as well, also using it for in-store ladder competition, which I want to take the top level for prizes. Thus, don't consider Alaitoc to be the fluff, consider it to be the rules, and the organization charts, and the disruption table. Not concerned with fluffiness, as not many people I met in the store are concerned about it either. Thanks in advance for everyone's consideration.

Tentative List:
HQ
Farseer
+ Jetbike, Witness, Ghost,
+ Singing Spear
+ Fortune
++ 3 Warlocks
+++ Jetbikes, Singing Spear
280p

Farseer
+ Witness, Ghost
+ CCW, SP
+ Guide
82p

Troops
3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

5 Storm Guardians
+ 2 Flamers, Haywires
61p

5 Storm Guardians
+ 2 Flamers, Haywires
61p

Elites
3 Pathfinders
72p

Fast Attack
Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Heavy Support
Falcon
+ Holo, Spirit
+ Starcannon, Shuriken Cannon
210p

Falcon
+ Holo, Spirit
210p

3 War Walkers
+ 6 Starcannons
300p

Total Stats
1699p / 1700p
38 models

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
HQ::
Im not a 100% fan of farseer and retinue jetbikes, though this can make a pretty decent cc squad, and anti tanking but.. it does cost a lot of points. But by doing so, are you meaning to get up close to the enemy, with this? Since most of the enemy will be disrupted, supposedly.

Though Only problem, you do not have a lot of complimentary units to assist if you are to charge with this unit. I'd drop it and go for a foot squad. Or resort to wave serpant instead.

::Troops::

Though that is a lot of disruption tables you have out there. But your list seems to rely on it a lot. If you cannot kill the enemy or control the game in the first few rounds, then you will have trouble, as you do not really have any meat in this army. 3 shots of each, won't really handle much well. And against necrons, this list IMO won't last.

Storm Guardians, very small, can play both weak anti horde, with the one time flamer, and haywire, which can do some anti tanking, but squad size 5, naked, they could die very easy.

::Elites::
Why do you only hve 3 pathfinders? You are not maxed out of your troop squads yet,

under Alaitoc rules, you must have two compulsory ranger squads, and they do not take up the organization chart; troop choices. I wouldn't really 3 pathfinders, hardly any use. I'd say either max them or lose them. And get more squads of rangers.

::Fast attack::
This looks ok.

::Hvy Support::

This seems to be your only source of real power.

Falcons, I guess you could have them equiped with shuri cannons, though that costs points, and I don't find that great use to it, except the fact you are more shooty, though that is your preference.

Warwalkers, these are going to attract the most attention, as they are mainly the only thing that can really kill. These are very fragile, and I would field them if I had more things that brought people's attention,

My 2 cents. I'll get my list of what I think should be changed in a bit.

·
1,249 Posts
red120 said:
Writing up some lists for 1700 points so I can have a direction to build towards when collecting future models; I have about 1000 points right now. It's going to be for tournaments, and I want best general; as well, also using it for in-store ladder competition, which I want to take the top level for prizes. Thus, don't consider Alaitoc to be the fluff, consider it to be the rules, and the organization charts, and the disruption table. Not concerned with fluffiness, as not many people I met in the store are concerned about it either. Thanks in advance for everyone's consideration.

Tentative List:
HQ
Farseer
+ Jetbike, Witness, Ghost,
+ Singing Spear
+ Fortune
++ 3 Warlocks
+++ Jetbikes, Singing Spear
280p

Farseer
+ Witness, Ghost
+ CCW, SP
+ Guide
82p
I'd drop the warlocks, you've got plenty of anti-tank for pretty much anything save armored company.

[/quote]
Troops
3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

3 Rangers
57p

5 Storm Guardians
+ 2 Flamers, Haywires
61p

5 Storm Guardians
+ 2 Flamers, Haywires
61p
[/quote]

These are good, though you might consider giving the storm guardians a warlock with destructor and a witch blade, that'll assist in both anti-horde and anti-tank. You might consider a unit of Kroot, they're cheap and decent for CC (and you have 2 troop choices open).

Elites
3 Pathfinders
72p
Probably not enough of these to matter. I'd try and get a second squad at least or drop 'em.

Fast Attack
Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Vyper
+ Starcannon
65p

Heavy Support
Falcon
+ Holo, Spirit
210p

Falcon
+ Holo, Spirit
210p

3 War Walkers
+ 6 Starcannons
300p
With eleven star cannons in 1800 points you're going to be highly subject to cries of cheese. If that doesn't bother you this is fine. If it does, consider maybe dropping some of these in favor of a CC squad (scorpions, kroot).

·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just want to address a few concerns, though I don't have a great time of time to type right now as I'm in class.

Pathfinders: These are here to raise the number of ranger and pathfinder squad, not particularly to do anything. They give me an extra disruption roll, and allow me to take the last vyper (pathfinder + rangers must >= guardians + vypers); finally, they were the last item into the list which I couldn't have enough points for anything else.

Storm Guardians: These go into the falcons, definately.

HQ: Without the guardians, the anti-tank capabilities of my list are limited to only one singing spear from the HQ, and the two haywire grenade squads from the storm guardians. Seems a bit low; don't even have anything with bright lances on it, the reason I took the warlocks is for extra singing.

HS: Payoff from the shuriken cannon is reasonable that I generally find it's worthwhile to take, especially on such an indestructable platform, though definately would like to hear if you can think of other uses for the points.

Starcannons: Heh, eleven. I'd put twenty and not care, if I could fit them in. But alas, this is no Samm Hain list.

Kroot: If I end up putting CC troops in, I'll probably put Scorpions instead of Kroot. Havn't done the number crunching yet, but suspect the SS's will have better results.

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Pathfinders: These are here to raise the number of ranger and pathfinder squad, not particularly to do anything. They give me an extra disruption roll, and allow me to take the last vyper (pathfinder + rangers must >= guardians + vypers); finally, they were the last item into the list which I couldn't have enough points for anything else.

to my understanding the compulsory rangers do not take troop slots in the organization. They are mandatory. Therefore would open 2 more slots i believe.

Check up the dex one more time.

It says "Must take at least 2 units IN ADDITION to Force organization chart" and they do not take space.
=)

·
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the two compulsories don't take space.

What I'm referring to is the little box: "You can't include more of the following unit types than you have Rangers or Path-finder units: Guardians Defender/Storm, Jetbikes, Vypers".

Thus in order to take more vypers, I have to take either more rangers or path-finders, and I only have enough room for one, so why not take path-finders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts