Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been expandind my Preatorians as of late and I want to add an armored fist squad, but with the cost of the minis I am reluctant. I am working on the Chimara, but I would like to use something contrasting to the standard foot slogg for the makeup of the squad...

any suggestions from the souls of LO!

thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
An Inquistor with a 9 man squad of mounted strom troopers in a rhino. (Thats what I would do, it would give you some spice.) Maybe take an assassin, that would be really fun.

·
Venerable Old One
1,510 Posts
The Praetorians were a limited edition Guard regiment brought out a few years ago for the Big Toof River Massacre scenario at one of the Games Day's. They were fantastic cos they looked like the British Redcoats of the 17-1800's!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh for crying out loud! The praetorians are NOT, I repeat, ARE NOT out of print, limited edition or anything. It's a load of crap! "Make money on them on E-bay" my ass!

Go to any GW online shop (GW, not indipendant retailers, but GW) and do a _search (not click on Imperial Guard, but SEARCH) for praetorian and PRESTO! Oodles of minis, for the same price as any other metal mini. Look here:

GW UK: 30 hits on praetorian
GW US: 28 hits on praetorian
GW CN: search page crashes, but they have about the same as the US.
GW DE: 11 hits on praetorian (bummer for the krauts :))
GW OZ: 0 hits on praetorian (real bummer for the bruces :D)

Argh... this "myth" is starting to bug me big time. Everytime someone mentions Praetorians in a thread on any forum anywhere, ppl start going "WUS DAT?!", "THEMSA GOOD EATING!" and "THEMSA RARES!" without having a flinging idea...

Sorry, just venting a little. I'm ok now, really... honest. :blink:

And yeah, I know (even though I'm some of a newbie to this whole 40k thing as well) they were released specially for the battle of big toof river or something. So yes, they are sort of limited edition... not enough to stir up a fuzz though!

They're about as limited as tallarn or mordian - you won't find them in the stores as GW don't ship them to the retailers or their own shops for that matter, but they can be ordered from GW without any problem at all (unless something changed in the last two week, which is the time since I saw one of these posts and bothered replying).

As for the original question, I'd suggest mordians. They're wearing the same uniform but with the different hat, they still look different. If you're not using mordians elsewhere in your army that'd be a nice one for an armoured fist squad. Won't help you much with the costs, but hey... it's not that expensive. Say, 25-30 euro roughly, for a squad with heavy weapon and a special weapon. Less if you go for missile launcher.

/Phreedh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.