Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think of a Primaris Psyker and a 10 man Psyker Battle Squad both mounted in a Chimera? One could use a defensive power (nightshroud) while the other one uses a offensive power (soulstorm, weakened resolve, or lightning arc). I think that the weakened resolve would be especially good if followed by lightning arc so that it might force the squad that just had their leadership reduced to 2 to hopefully have to make a ptiful leadership test after the 2D6 lightning bolts do their work.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't see it working all that well. The Primaris and the unit have to fire together. Whereas I think most people would prefer to shoot everything BUT the PBS in the hope of causing a morale test. Which the PBS can then turn into an auto-rout as the guard player's last shooting action.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, they will draw too much attention and they are not very durable as well!

If you plan on using these units, take them PBS into a Chimera. You could propably combine Weaken Resolve with pinning-causing weapons such as snipers and mortars and field-test it. As for the Primaris Psyker, what about forming a Veteran Squad with Grenadiers (Carapace Armor) to act like his bodyguard?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plan was that the Primaris Psyker could be in a Chimera that was a dedicated transport to the PBS. Weakened Resolve and Soulstorm work good, but usually the opponent pours ammo into the PBS so that all their Powers are weaker.But with Shroud power that helps conceal the unit, anything short of a Space Marine has a chance of not bei9ng able to touch them. The Vet body guard sounds good, as more often than not my Chimeras are the first thing to pop so again the Shroud power should help with that. What do you think?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had success with Primaris + Harker+Vets(3 Grenade Launchers) in a Chimera as a roving heavy-hitting squad, I'd keep the PSB seperate. I'm not too fond of Nightshroud, personally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts