Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Dork Knight
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if people playing at 2,000 points or more are taking a secondary army detachment. I like the idea of having more Veteran Squads and 6 separate tanks. But don't really know how it plays would it be a good idea to take more models or just stay within the normal force organizational chart?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well, here's the thing, if you have an army list that is good in a 1500 list, and you want that extra flair of another army, then go for it. If you are running Mech lists with your IG, I'd say go for something that can do the same in Troops, such as 'Crons, we hit hard and are hard to hit. On the other hand, Marines are the way to go for infantry lists, as they'll provide the ooph the army would need. I have only run 5 games with allies, and 3 times it was with 'Crons as primary, and CSMs (Raptors and Daemon Princes, mostly), and those turned out great, but I've never run anything with IG, as they never really felt as though they needed it in games above 2000 (mind, I play with a full force org useing plats, my bud is still stinging about that, and I mostly play 1500 and lower and 3k+)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts