Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I have my models ready to go and i grab my spray can and head outside, and without noticing.. I was spraying with chaos black instead of the standard Black Primer.

My original plans were to Prime black then Steel. Will there be a problem with the 2nd priming, since I mistakenly used the paint can instead?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha no problem, im learning as well.

I plan on using a gun metal primer next over the chaos black coating.. so I hope things go well..

Thanks, Ill make sure i varnish these guys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been using the Skull White GW spray and it looks and feels like the white primer I used to use. Can you even order the can labeled as primer from GW anymore?

I noticed something odd about my can of spray as well. I was hitting it with a shovel trying to puncture it before I threw it away and the label started to peel off. It was glued on there quite solidly but it looked like they were putting a US label over the UK can. I wanted to peel it all off but I wasn't making much progress with my fingernails so I gave up. Anyone else notice this?

·
122 Posts
I can't say that I have ever hit a spray can with a shovel ( :0) but I have noticed that a few cans that I get do have a US label over the UK one. Probably just easier to print and glue new labels instead of stopping the machines and changing how they are labeled to begin with.

Doesn't hitting it with a shovel kinda... make it explode? :|

Also I have accidentally primed a troop of Necrons, a Rhino & some Rough Riders with Bolt Gun in a spray can. I just cursed a bit and re-primed it with the right stuff. So you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I can't say that I have ever hit a spray can with a shovel ( :0) but I have noticed that a few cans that I get do have a US label over the UK one. Probably just easier to print and glue new labels instead of stopping the machines and changing how they are labeled to begin with.

Doesn't hitting it with a shovel kinda... make it explode? :|
haha, hilarious conversation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts