Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, the question is basically the title, do mini's need primer? i think no, but im not sure..i dnt watn to waste primer if they dont...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes, the primer will adhear to the plastic...making your finished paint work stay there...WAAAGH! does a body good.

·
Registered
969 Posts
be careful tho with some types of primer... Krylon tends to give LARGE plastic areas a bumpy look. But usually it goes away when you paint it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They didnt have any citadel primer when I bought my models. I used a watered down Chaos Black spread with a cheap Estes modelling brush ($0.99). It has stiffer bristles than a normal paint brush and got it over in the model car department in walmart. I think it turned out pretty well. You just have to be careful no to get too much paint because it will cover the details.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I find that it can work either way. But if you do not use primer, you have to use several coats of varnish. And don't be angry if it doesna work for you, cause it does for me. :angry:

FOR THE EMPEROR AND FOR RUSS!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
For all you who care, primer works by adhereing to the plastic/resin/metal and providing a base for the paint to stick to. So yes, it is very important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.