Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I finally got around to photograph the start of my force.
Ill start painting this asap, then Ill order some more models and the Characters.

Ive decided to start with the bulk/backbone of the force rather than the character. Thats what I normally do, and it always end with a very big bits box for my next project...

This is what I started with...

And this is what I turned it into...

As you might have seen, there are two boxes of Chaos Knights in that picture, this is what I turned them into.

And a closeup of the Champion.

I will be running one big unit of Marauders with a BSB or Caster on Palanquin, and this is what it's gonna look like, approximately.

Closeup of the Command unit.

And a random Marauder that I like more than the rest, lol.

To support the one big block of Marauders I'm going to use two smaller units, and what is a WoC army without Horsemen?

And last but not least, the Hounds.

I have one more unit like this, and 2 more yet to be assembled.

The whole force in/prior to its full glory.

If you look closely, you'll notice Archaon on foot in the top right corner. I haven't decided how ill field him, on a disc or not, and as BSB or not, maybe both :D

I'm not sure how the army list will be, at this time I'm just making what I like.
I don't know if Ill be fielding Knight, or if Ill assemble them at all!

One sure thing I will be adding is a Daemon Prince and some Trolls.

I have a really old Nurgle model (from 1985) somewhere above the ocean as I type this, he will mount the Palanquin.

Also, about the tree in the Marauder unit, I put him there to see how it looked and I quite like it! It goes really well with the Hound, it gives the impression the army is at the edge of a forest about to storm through the valley.
Oh, I almost forgot, the Disc Ill be making will be using a tree as support instead of some horrible pole.

Thats it for now, Ill post updates as I finish things. Hopefully soon!

I hope you enjoy.

·
Keeper of Records and Ale
10,982 Posts
Nice work with the mix of marauder and flagellants. Is this going to be a themed army? I like the use of the lances to make halberds, though I would suggest you trim them down a little bit. The lances are much to long to make a decent halberd, too unwieldy looking.

What colours are you thinking of doing them?

Kuffy

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure about the paint just yet. All I know is that I want to make them look really gray and shadowy. Not painted to the mark of the specific god, I find that that ruins the "together" feel of an army.
But to emphasize on the magic heavy-ness of my army, I want to paint allot of glowing relics/bits.

I was thinking using a painting/painter as guidelines. Right now I like El Greco the most:

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just completed step one with my DP, which is putting him together (crudely). Next step is greenstuff him a new hand and to remove the gaps.

I still need a 40x40 base.

Here's some pics.

The wings might look a bit crooked, but if you see it irl it really works well, they follow the flow of his body.

If I don't use him as a DP, Ill use him as a Disc mounted character, caster or exalted.
Although... with the exalted cannon, I don't think I'll need a disc mounted exalted.

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe thanks.

I'm not sure if I'll keep the tree in there, it does look cool IMO.
As for the rest of the army, if I can find space, Ill fill it. But it's gonna be hard with units like Chosen/Warriors. But definitely on the DP model.

I don't think Ill change the shield for a bigger one, I'm afraid it will demand to much attention when you look at it.

I just got my Nurgle model from 1985, it looks so sweet, but I might have to swap it for this bad boy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
hey maximus

i must say that these marauder units look stunning ( i especially like the one with great weapons, very cool) it's funny to see you go for an marauder heavy list while i'm doing full plate at the moment.

but serieusly....assemble the knights man...that is still the best looking, coolest details and games-wise awesomest unit we have! build them, paint them and love them.

i like where your army is going man, i bet it's already going to look cool in undercoat alone.

i've got my third eye on you 0_0

vid.

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got my FW Nurgle guy, he is awesome, and I'm working on assembling two units Chaos knights.

The Knights I'll finish assembling when I start painting them (hopefully asap) because of some bad to reach areas.

I had to use normal warrior parts on the Knights because I used all the cool Knight things to make my Chosen.
Which fits, because Ill probably run my Knights barebone (no spelling checker, not bare back...)

Ill post pics when I get the chance, and when I have something significant to photograph.

Oh, I also finished the base and greenstuf on my DP/Disc, its got a wicked little skull-shrine-tree-thing going on.

Will receive my magnets soon, so I can start work on the bases and movement trays.

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just ordered my first batch of colours, when I get them I can get started!
Well, I can undercoat them and foundation the skin areas now, will get started asap.

Here is a sample of the colours Ill be using for the cloth and fur areas.

A kind of Nurglish-Tzeentch pallet.

Combined with allot of grey and snow should make for a cold army.
To counter all the grey's Ill paint allot of glowing effect on charms/eyes/characters. To emphasize the magic heavy nature of my army, and because its cool.

I'm not sure how Ill paint the armour of the chosen, I want to do allot of baroque-esque freehand on the armour. So the base coat will probably be black or a very dark verson of my pallet.

Anyhooo keep an eye out for when I finally get started on the painting.

If I remember, Ill post a step by step for most of my units.

I'm so exited to get this project finally on the road!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just completed step one with my DP, which is putting him together (crudely). Next step is greenstuff him a new hand and to remove the gaps.

I still need a 40x40 base.

Here's some pics.

The wings might look a bit crooked, but if you see it irl it really works well, they follow the flow of his body.

If I don't use him as a DP, Ill use him as a Disc mounted character, caster or exalted.
Although... with the exalted cannon, I don't think I'll need a disc mounted exalted.
Sorry to be a complete Noob, but which model is this if you dont mind me asking?

Regards

Ralph.

BTW - Subscribed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to be a complete Noob, but which model is this if you dont mind me asking?

Regards

Ralph.

BTW - Subscribed
im with this guy. what models did you use?
i really like the wings, i was thinking of trying something like that but i dont know what set of wings to use.

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, I didn't think anyone would find this tread anymore.
(I really should update it)

but yes, It is the C'Tan Nightbringer model.
The wings are from Azazel (an old Slaaneshi DP)
The axe is from the Marauder Horsemen boxed set, and the shield from the regular Marauders.
I have since sculpted his left hand (axe) but not yet painted it (shame on me).

·
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
In an attempt to help me finish this damn army, I've decided to necro this 'ole thread.

What I have here is a crappy preview of what is to come.
I took this pic with my old old phone, as I'm to lazy to break out the Canon and fire up Photoshop (this laptop can't handle either one :p )
I'll update the picture and add more photos over the coming weeks.

Here comes

This is my scratch built BSB with Halberd.
Rep if you can name all the parts!

I have to give Lord Borak some credit here, as I stole the idea from his chosen and lord (I'll post pictures at a later date).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts