Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I read a thread or two by people who have had similar problems, but nothing seemed to come of it other then, "try using a different brand of primer."

Ever since GW changed their spray cans to the style with the larger, squatter spray nozzle I have been getting very inconsistent results in regards to the white primer only. I shake the primer for a minimum five minutes, but at times it will come on almost chunky, gritty and uneven. I also make practice of clearing out the nozzle by turning the can upside down and spraying till clear.

Is there a deffect in the newer white primers or does it react differently under lower temperature. It is winter now, but it is not like I am priming in freezing temperature. I live in California, the weather is not all that bad out here.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
GW's primers have always been bad. Just avoid them.

Personally I prefer using Tamaya enamel sprays for my priming. I used to use an airbrush with Liquitex grey acrylic, but the Tamaya paint preserves detail just as well and gets the job done much faster. The only downside is the cost at $7 for a half-size can. But that doesn't bother me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts