Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed changes to the Tau Codex

Armory: Hard Wired Targeting Array improves BS +1 (to a max of BS 5) for +10 points.

Crisis Suits: For an additional +5 points any XV8 suit wearer can add one Hard-Wired support system. The Shas'vreupgrade improves BS to 4 (WS and I remain 2).

Stealth Suits:One third of a team (rounding down) may replace their Burst Cannons with Plasma Rifles for +20 points.

Fire Warriors: One model per squad may have a Rail Rifle for +10 points.

Kroot: Carnivore Squads are now 0-2 on the Force Organization Chart. Shapers may take equippment from the Kroot Mercenary Armory. One Kroot per squad may replace its kroot rifle with a Flamer for +10 points.

Krootox: No longer takes up a Heavy Support slot on the Force Organization chart. Up to three may be added to Carnivore squads (3 total per army). Cost is raised by +10 points.

Broadside: Any Broadside may replace its Twin-Linked Railguns with a single Ion Cannon for free.

Well...... :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
I love them.........but some are just toooooo ******* good, I think a coulpe are un fair for the points.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I love them!! But the Krootox thing is pretty good, but who needs them? Hell I don't use them! I love the hardwired thing and the plasma Stealth squad and pretty much everything else that you've proposed..........I LOVE IT!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
::looks through codex:: Ahhh...your right that is pretty fair. And i do love the stealth suit, and targeting array dea.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think they should change the Kroot Mercenaries Army List in Chapter Approved 2003, so Tau can use them, with the change that the shapers and such cannot take any wargear from the list in CA2k3.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You have my approval as well. I don't know if I like the plasma rifle on the stealth suits, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think that EVERY unit in the tau army can pierce 3 armor or blow up a tank. I think that's just a little too much.

I think there should be some limitations on the fw getting those railrifles, also. I mean, it would be a little unbalenced if you could just take a squad of 6 fw for 70 that has a railrifle.

These are not really strong objections, I already feel that the tau are a little underpowered. I really like the idea of giving the krootox a place in the army.

You may wanna try them out, becuase they may be totally fair.

·
Registered
340 Posts
There should be a rule that the railgun can demolish trees. I just my ass handed to me in the last game because my hammerhead couldn't see these eldar guys behind some trees. But the one railgun shot I did get in, it destroyed 4 swooping hawks rather effortlessly. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Originally posted by alexmillerl1029@Oct 19 2003, 09:08
Yeah, the flamer is a little random and is not really needed.
I really like the idea of flamers i a kroot squad, imean whenever i play them they always get close so why no allow them to take out evenmore troops before the hth.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Originally posted by The Exploited@Oct 19 2003, 11:10
I really like the idea of flamers i a kroot squad, imean whenever i play them they always get close so why no allow them to take out evenmore troops before the hth.
Because they're a hand to hand unit, and a flamer is a big ol' weapon.

The kroot already have a wicked style, able to rush forward shooting their rifles before using them as battle staves in CC. (I imagine kroot as very alien soldiers of the late 19th century, charging forward, firing a volley before rushing in and whacking down the bad guys with their guns).

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tau Mortar squad

Firing: Mortar teams are considered heavy weapons, with a Balistic Guess shot, max 48"(May take advantage of advanced targetting systems linked with Markerlight designators for a 2+ Direct hit, within range limits)

Equipment: you may purchase any number of the following ammuniton for a max total of 10Pts

Standard rounds: 0Pts; Fires a Barrage of pulse rifle shots at a High arc into the enemy, Str 5, AP 5 small blast template, Pinning test

Photonic Charge: 2Pts; Fires a large modified photon grenade in a balistic fashion which explodes in a fiery white blast of light blinding infantry who view it
Ordinance template
any non-vehicle models under the template make a 4+ "blinding save" if they fail;
In the next turn if the effected models move, they must take a difficult terrain test, they may not shoot, they move normally in the assault phase but do not get their additional attack in assault(jump packs must take DT test for each movement)

Flachete Bomblets: 4Pts; Fires a hail of bomblets causing chaos for infantry inspiring fear into all who see it's deadly rain of blades tearing right through thier light armor, Ordanance blast, Str 3, AP 3
Any unit taking a wound from this must make a leadership test or fall back

I'm not sure how powerful this is, and need sugjestions for points, force orginization, and general feedback, I myself was thinking maybe a Heavy or elite unit. Or even an upgrade for vehicles to give you a choice over seeker missles

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's pretty powerful, but I like your ideas. All of them are well crafted to match the Tau fluff, and I especially like your photonic grenade idea. Very clever rule, could make for some interesting suppression fire, exactly what the Tau need.

Maybe for the photonic grenade you should have units roll to 'see' targets like they do for stealth suits, rather than cutting out their firing all together.

Also, the only klincher I see is that the Tau weren't given ordinance weapons intentionally. It's a real deal breaker when they have to face any army that can use such weapons, but I still don't think most people would approve.

·
Registered
464 Posts
the flechete bomblets should be small blast, str 4, ap 5 and cost 12 pts.
papabears idea about the photons is good.
the base cost of these mortars should be same as the IG ones.

·
Registered
161 Posts
ya, papabear had a good change for the photonic charges, i like them to have the ability to shoot, i was writting that up pretty early this morning, so i probably swooped right over that.

Hamster, the flechete bomblets can't cost 12Pts if you can only have a max of 10Pts in ammo

Mortar does sound unlike the tau, in my mind I thought of this as a slightly more powerful pulse rifle pointed in an upward angle(thus the indirect fire)
The ammo I think might just be left out, and have the ability to fire 1 photonic charge each game

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tau Mines
After the board is set up, but before the armies are put into place the Tau call in a "mine drop" and may drop a mine for 15Pts up to 5 mines, during this time the enemy player walks away or doesn't look at the board. You pick the target places for your mines to land(must be outside of deployment zones), they then they scatter 2D6, measure their locations(from the edge of 2 sides of the board) and write this down on a seperate peice of paper when an enemy model moves to within 1" of the mine it explodes

Photonic charge mines; same effect as the mortar chart on the last page

Explosive mine; small template, Str4 AP5; Pinning test

kamakaze drone; A drone laced with explosives springs from the ground and attaches to the closest model exploding with a directed force into the unit, so no template ,Str 8 AP1; Pinning test

Gun drone Drop
For 10Pts a drone, and 25Pts for the drop, you may call in a drone drop of up to 8 drones on any of your movement phases during a game(once per game), the you choose a destination anywhere outside of 6" from any model, then scatter the squad 2D6

Air strike
You may choose not to field your devilfish( Pathfinders are still on the board)
If you do, you may not use the Seeker missles from that transport, you may instead call in an airstrike for the markerlights. Str5 AP5 Flame template(in any direction, must start on the markerlight target); pinning test. this is to show that the devilfish straithed the enemy with it's burst cannon. Any models effected by an airstrike may shoot at the devilfish at the end of the turn if they are not pinned, (Armor 11 glancing only) at the penalty of -2 BS(because it's moving so darn fast :p )

1 - 20 of 137 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.