- Burst Cannon Gun Drones

Hammerhead:
- Railguns

Hammerhead:

- Railguns
- Disruption Pods

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The piranha's will release their gun drones in the first two turns, adding three more units that need to be shot at. The piranha's without drones and hammerheads are armor hunting while the firewarrior's set themselves up in good fire lanes as easy targets, luring whatever they can close so that the deathrain's and gun drones can box them in and wipe them out.

V.S.

List 31 - Dark Eldar

Archon:
- Punisher
- Combat Drugs
- Shadow Field
- Plasma Grenades
- Tormentor Helm
- Animus Vitae

Haemonculis:

- Webway Portal
- Scissorhand

Wyches [x8]:
- Wych Weapons, CCW, Pistol (x7)
- Succubus w/Agoniser
---Wych Weapon
---Pistol
---Plasma Grenades
- Raider w/Dark Lance

Wyches [x9]:
- Wych Weapons, CCW, Pistol (x8)
- Succubus w/Agoniser
---Wych Weapon
---Pistol
---Plasma Grenades
- Raider w/Dark Lance

Warp Beasts [x5]:
- Claws
- (+) Beastmaster w/Agoniser & Pistol

Warriors [x10]:
- Dark Lances (x2)

Warriors [x10]:
- Dark Lances (x2)

Warriors [x9]:
- Splinter Cannons (x2)
- Blasters (x2)
- Sybarite w/Agoniser & Pistol

Warriors [x9]:
- Splinter Cannons (x2)
- Blasters (x2)
- Sybarite w/Agoniser & Pistol & Webway Portal

Reaver Jetbikes [x2]:
- Blasters (x2)
- Succubus w/Tormentor Helm & Punisher

Ravager:

- Disintegrators (x3)

Ravager:

- Disintegrators (x3)

Ravager:
- Disintegrators (x3)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Wow, three hammerheads, four piranhas, and four deathrains vs three ravagers, two raiders full of wyches, and two dark lance sniper squads. I think whoever gets first turn is going to wipe out the other sides skimmers and it'll all come down to who would be able to win without their fast moving toys..

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Hadn't realized the Haemonculis had a webway portal the first time I looked at both armies. Them having the portal makes me think that the Tau may be able to win here.

With both whole forces on the table it would definitely come down to who got first turn and if the other side could cope from not having first turn, with the DE having the portal and possibly not starting with everything on the field things shift to the DE needing first turn even more than before. If the tau get first turn then their three hammerheads are most likely going to make sure that the Haemonculis is either dead or unable to throw down the portal right away, as well as taking shots at the raiders to blow them out of the sky if they can. (The ravagers are a big threat to the hammerheads, but the tau force as a whole would be unable to cope with the wyches in combat.)

With the objective being to get the most scoring units near the center of the board, the DE have a slight advantage in that of their eleven scoring units, only two are best off not moving; where of the eleven tau scoring units, four of those are best off not moving until the last turn or two at best.

·
Registered
593 Posts
black like my soul

These 2nd round battles are tough to call just looking at list vs list. Terrain placement would be a strong influence here, as would first turn.

The piranhas will be mean, but I'm not so sure they will be able to make it to the Haemonculis before the webway gets tossed. Then it's a whole new ballgame, in large favor of the DE. I think the DE player should know this, and keep his gate protected, even hidden.

I think the Dark Eldar will pull this one out. All it's gonna take is the Archon, or Wytches, getting to any of the firewarriors, or suits, or Shas'el. The ravagers and lance warrior squads will have fun with the hammerheads.

·
Banned
4,252 Posts

This Tau list relies on shooting.
The DE list relies on combat, and is real quick, but fragile.

It all comes down to how much teh Shoot Phase can count for. The DE should be on the Tau by Turn 2.

The mission is take and hold. that means the FWs will have to move.

As it is, I can't see the Tau shooting counting for enough here tbh before the DE fall upon them with teh fury of an army intent on taking slaves and that is very good in cc.

Plus, they have me in it:p *eyeballs the top character*

-AFG//

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I may be mistaken, but I think the Hammerheads are illegal. I don't see anywhere in the Tau Codex where it says they make take 2 secondary weapon systems (Burst Cannons and Gun Drones).

Aside from that though, my vote goes to the Dark Eldar. They have decent anti-tank with a few lances, and they will overwhelm the Tau in CC.

·
One Awesome Dude
1,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I may be mistaken, but I think the Hammerheads are illegal. I don't see anywhere in the Tau Codex where it says they make take 2 secondary weapon systems (Burst Cannons and Gun Drones).
It's simply a formatting issue on my part Spector. It simply means that it has two Burst Cannon Sponsons/Drones/those thingies on either side of the front.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would have to put my vote with Tau. They just have enough firepower to stop Dark Eldar's speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.