Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now i know that warlocks can only select warlock powers however the farseer entry states that they may take psy powers from the armoury, does this include warlock powers as well?

·
Registered
199 Posts
no. although it would be nice and make sense. read the top of p5 in the codex.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh two conflicting statements anyone got a faq or errata :cry:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
in the farseer's entry it ses psy powers but it dosn't say it's limited to farseer powers and thus the statement conflict ehich i imagine should be a faq or somthing......

·
LO Zealot
1,082 Posts
Heh, all I can say.. you just can't do it. I have the Interactive Army list program and deem it is right that you only can take farseer powers ;)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sounds like your just trying to get away with taking extra powers.

It should work that way fluff wise... like why the heck wouldn't a farseer know all of the warlock powers, they are much inferior to the level of psychicness a farseer would be.

But its very obvious when looking in the wargear section, the powers are boxed and have big headings that say "Warlock Powers" & "Farseer Powers". I think that says it all, I think trying to find a flaw in that will be pretty tough.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
designer891 said:
I think that says it all, I think trying to find a flaw in that will be pretty tough.

yeh but the only true failure is not trying :yes:

·
Favored of Tzeentch
3,140 Posts
Now, why do you think they are called "Farseer powers" and "Warlock powers" if not in order to distinguish who can take which powers? :sleep:

The actual armoury is comprised of Weapons and Wargear, not psychic powers.

There should be no problem...

·
Registered
101 Posts
A Warlock's entry states: a warlock may take one WARLOCK power from the ...
a Farseer's entry states: a farseer may take between one and four PSYCHIC powers from the ...
I beleive it safe to assume that PSYCHIC is a catch-all, and the reason FARSEER POWERS are called that is to prevent confusion as to which a warlock can take. Just be sure to dbl check with your opponent, however logically i beleive that you may take either.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Then wouldn't they all be grouped under a box that said "Psychic Powers" and then state which ones can only be used for warlocks.

But hey if your opponent lets u then cool. I mean I can't see why anyone would want to give up a farseer power for a turn to use a warlock one, and if you did it would cost you that 40pt spirt stone + warlock power costs. It would be cheaper to just buy the warlock or better just to buy another seer.

·
señor brushman!
1,434 Posts
Im pretty sure that Farseer's can only take Farseer powers and Warlocks can take only Warlock powers...at least that's how iv'e played for the last 1/2 years with my Eldar..If your opponent lets you then go ahead I guess but always ask him first.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Third edition changed all this.

Back in second it was powers, and farseer only powers.

Now it's warlock powers and farseer powers.

A farseer is not a warlock, he is a farseer, and thus can take farseer powers.

A warlock is not a farseer, he is a warlock, and thus can take warlock powers.

While you can try and argue one way or the other, no where does it say that a farseer may take warlock powers. Without a nod, it's a no-go.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
hmmm seems to me this another example of someone trying to bend the rules to get what they want :p

TBH it's stated clear enough in the codex how things are meant to be played. Anyone whose 15+ of age whould beable to see this.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey i get it OKAY! i'll put this on my wish listfor new codex and we can all do on with our lives

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
A farseer with warlock powers would be overpowered, think about it, a farseer joining a squad of banshees with enhance! But my friends all make changes to their armylist with eachothers and my permission so they'll probably let me with this one.

·
LO Zealot
1,331 Posts
A farseer with warlock powers would be overpowered, think about it, a farseer joining a squad of banshees with enhance! But my friends all make changes to their armylist with eachothers and my permission so they'll probably let me with this one.
Hmmm if its an all agreed thing i guess it's alright but i would refrain from such play. Remember rules are there for a purpose and should be followed. eg 50pts or summit restriction on daemonic gifts and wargear for aspiring champions (chaos)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts