Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this discussion has already been had, but darned if the broke-ass search engine could help me find the any of those threads.

Supposed I've gut a full psyker battle squad sat inside a Chimera, and I use their Soulstorm ability. The rules state that the strength is equal to the number of psykers utilizing the power, but the Chimera's rules state that only five models may fire out of the top hatch. What does this mean for the Soulstorm ability? Does that cap the ability at S5 while using it from a Chimera, or, since the ability seems to always be used from the squad as a whole, does it use the actual squad size?

I'll go sleepy-bye while I wait for answers.

·
Registered
961 Posts
For the purposes of measuring range (and line of sight) one model is the focus of the power, as it says under their Psychic Choir rule. One model can pop his head out of the top hatch to use the power, it strikes at however many are in the squad.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Stradius has it right, just remember that the overseer isn't a psyker, he's more like a mini commissar.

The Emperor Protects

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That question has been bothering me ever since I read the entry, and I've had WAY too many rules technicalities pop up in the middle of the game to severely hinder any army build I make.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts