Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not a big fan of how the psyker models look...

I was thinking that it would be cool to use the model at THIS link... the one with the book & chainsword...

My "fluff" reasoning would be that these fellas have psyker powers, but they believe these powers to be bestowed upon them by the Emperor for their faith in him. The book/staff could represent a force weapon and you could throw a holtered laspistol onto his side.

Obviously (to avoid confusion) I wouldn't use this model if I had priests in my army due to the similar nature/look they would have.

Do you guys think I'd catch a lot of flak for using this model from other players?

·
Slave to the flesh
3,354 Posts
I don't see why, its perfectly fine.

If anyone argues (particularly fluff die hards) tell them to naff off and worry about real problems.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
The one problem I can see is that people will assume it's a priest.. You'd need to explain to your opponent beforehand.

I don't much like the sanctioned psyker models either.. I'll probably convert my own (probably with their own uniform.)

I'd suggest making your psyker models look like psykers though.. some kind of obvious brain implants or monitoring devices to help them stop their heads exploding in battle would be good. ;)

·
durus
2,578 Posts
No problem, mate, eh?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The_Giant_Mantis said:
I'd suggest making your psyker models look like psykers though.. some kind of obvious brain implants or monitoring devices to help them stop their heads exploding in battle would be good. ;)
Well, to help them to stop their heads from exploding due to their psyker-powers... you've still got to worry about their heads exploding from bolter-fire :)

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
kidsyndrome said:
Well, to help them to stop their heads from exploding due to their psyker-powers... you've still got to worry about their heads exploding from bolter-fire :)
Except of course that bolter fire won't suddenly turn into a 10 foot daemon and kill half your army.. fluffwise, a careless psyker will. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Right now in my big army I'm using sanctioned psykers in a few squads. Two of them are the orginal models but the one in my HQ i replaced with the Witch Hunter Inquistor henchman dude with the huge shield and sword because I gave him an Honorifica Imperialis and a MasterCrafted Force Weapon and carapace armor and bionics. Pretty sweet i think. his minor psycic powers are pretty useless but with that force weapon some tyranids and daemons will fall!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts