Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
is coming out to play
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thanks to another thread it has given me an idea to make a rhino that is immobilized to be pulled by something. Now I don't know what that something would be another rhino or what?

·
Archmagos
904 Posts
I imagine it would look sort of like an Rhino version of the Atlas , except with a bit more of an SM feel. The tracks would also be a bit longer and wider to give the vehicle more weight and area coverage so it wouldn't tip over while towing a Rhino.

·
The other Kind of Fluff
8,843 Posts
Ok, Toon, take this post for what it's worth. For sheer comic silliness, you could always have the rhino being lugged by chain from a bunch of Nurglings, Ripper Swarms, and Scarabs.

·
Ender of Threads
1,306 Posts
Just about anything can work, so long as you give it the look of a recovery vehicle (beefy tracks, tow hooks, winches, spare parts, tools, minimal weaponry, a crane would work well)... Just be absolutely sure of one thing - it's gotta be big enough to plausibly tow the wreck!! A landspeeder ain't gonna cut it, and a basic Rhino would look a bit inadequate trying to tow a Land Raider or a Baneblade, right??

·
Father of the Failed
1,170 Posts
As pretty much every other marine vehicle is a variant of the Rhino chassis, I think a Rhino based recovery vehicle would work well. A few modifications here and there and it should be easy to do. I've grabbed two from CMoN for you - not exactly what I had in mind but close enough.

CoolMiniOrNot - Marines Malevolent Techmarine Rhino / Razorback by Tagsta
CoolMiniOrNot - Techmarine Rhino by Ismael

The use of a sentinel or penitant engine leg works for the crane, whilst other bits and pieces could be put to use elsewhere on the model - think towing lines. I also imagine a dozer blade would be entirely appropriate for this kind of vehicle.

In fact, I'm pretty tempted to make one of my own now.

As for not being able to tow a Land Raider - well, two could work in unison, or towing wires could be attached to a normal rhino (or land raider) so it could lend a hand. I also like Cbrate's idea of an airlift. I doubt marines would use a Land raider as a recovery vehicle - its too rare and venerable a vehicle to be confined to non-combat roles IMO. It is possible to do a combat-ready one though - that would be cool, guns and cranes:)

This might give ideas as well
AFV Club 1/35 M88 Recovery Vehicle Kit - Vietnam

Hope it helps,
Rich.

Reactions: The Toon and Rabbit

·
ISIS Secret Agent Squishy
1,875 Posts
I'm sure you could find a couple of toy "wild animal" rhino's to attach a yolk to, in order to drag a Looted Rhino around the battlefield.....:rofl

·
Registered
130 Posts
hehe i think i was the 1 who suggested this 8X

lol i think my idea was to do an orc 1 pulled by gretchin lmao:D

I'm actually glad you decided to do this lol, i was going to but i don't really have the time right now so i cant wait to see how it goes;Y

·
Registered
52 Posts
Funny enough i always had a similiar idea for a diorama... I wanted to make a dread pulling an old rhino from a swamp.. with a big chain slung over its shoulder. I had this vision of like a strong man competition (but more like making due in crappy battlefield conditions)... i was going to pose a bunch of marines as onlookers and maybe pushing from behind as well...

Maybe i'll still do it.

-Razal19

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.