Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is my army "base" without upgrades or anything like thta just models. i wa wondering if anyone had any... well "advice" lol.

HQ

Grand Master NFW and Storm bolter w/ 9 retinue termies w/ 1 psycannon. DS

Troops

Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons Trans.
Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons Trans.

either fast attack or troop i am not sure yet-these will now be fast attack thank to the 2nd guy who rote back.

Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons

Fast Attack

Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons DS
Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons DS

Heavy Support

Land raider transport Grand Master-this will now carry my other Grey knight squad.

Land raider transport 1 squad of Grey Knights

please tell me what you think and no insults please.

· Registered
3,523 Posts
Grey Knight Justicar w/ retinue of 9 grey knights no special weapons
Just so you know, it isn't a retinue for the Justicar - you buy the squad, and the Justicar is just a part of it. Not that this has any effect on things, of course.

The GK unit that you didn't know where to put, Troops or FA, I'd stick it in FA. FAGK units have the choice of deploying as normal (ie, like the Troop units) *or* Deepstriking, meaning that you have a lot more flexability in deployment. Even if you end up deploying them all as normal, FA choices deploy last in almost every scenario out there.

I'd really suggest not using two Land Raiders. But I've explained why to you elsewhere on this board, and you seem to be all about those tanks, so I won't repeat myself.

Also, this list is well over 2000pts. Just so you know. I'd suggest starting out with about 1000pts, playing for a while to see what units and tactics you prefer, then deciding on additions later.

please tell me what you think and no insults please.
stern, the reason you were being insulted in other threads was because you provoked people. Play nicely and everyone plays nicely back.

· durus
2,771 Posts
Stern, your posts are improving, keep it up.:) Check your spelling, especially when you post a list or start a thread. Capitalize the first letter of each sentence.

As for your list:

For an HQ that is transported in a Landraider, you have too many Terminators. I would split it, and have one group as an Elite choice.

Your troops choices are fine, but I like one small shooty squad with two Psycannons. Add an Inquisitor with a Psycannon and you have a nice firebase. The other squad is good.

Your FAGK squads are basically perfect, I might add a Meltabomb to each Justicar, but certainly optional.

Since you are transporting troops, I would strongly recommend the Crusader variant for your Landraiders.

A list with two Landraiders begs for more armour. They will draw the bulk of the fire untill kracked, so a Dread with AC/CCW would be good.

Reactions: JuliusGaiusCaesar
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mEGALOMANIAC said:
Just so you know, it isn't a retinue for the Justicar - you buy the squad, and the Justicar is just a part of it. Not that this has any effect on things, of course.
i no i just say that cuz it sound kooler lol and cuz i think he is a leading a squad which is like leading a retinue but it doesnt matyter what we call it.
The GK unit that you didn't know where to put, Troops or FA, I'd stick it in FA. FAGK units have the choice of deploying as normal (ie, like the Troop units) *or* Deepstriking, meaning that you have a lot more flexability in deployment. Even if you end up deploying them all as normal, FA choices deploy last in almost every scenario out there.
sry i thought it meant they had to DS so i was just waitin to see wether i should or not but yeah i will go with your idea lol.

I'd really suggest not using two Land Raiders. But I've explained why to you elsewhere on this board, and you seem to be all about those tanks, so I won't repeat myself.
lol sry if ur one of the people i insulted but lets say u use a dread. w/ CCW and las. that is 3-4 attacks but with land raider its 5 attacks i just like them cuz they shoot alot they transport(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and have good AV.
Also, this list is well over 2000pts. Just so you know. I'd suggest starting out with about 1000pts, playing for a while to see what units and tactics you prefer, then deciding on additions later.
i dont really worry about points because most of the time i play huge games with all my friend like 100,000 pts. so pts. dont make much of a difference to me as long as i have guys to choose from in small games.
stern, the reason you were being insulted in other threads was because you provoked people. Play nicely and everyone plays nicely back.
uhhhh. if you couild explain a little more plz. (well actually if u explain more i might end up insluting u lol)

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diggums Hammer said:
Stern, your posts are improving, keep it up.:) Check your spelling, especially when you post a list or start a thread. Capitalize the first letter of each sentence.
thank you
As for your list:

For an HQ that is transported in a Landraider, you have too many Terminators. I would split it, and have one group as an Elite choice.
yeah sry i am not sure if a raider can hold ten or not but i will probably have my intire army either DS or transported. lol
Your troops choices are fine, but I like one small shooty squad with two Psycannons. Add an Inquisitor with a Psycannon and you have a nice firebase. The other squad is good.
i am strickley Gk only and also i will have a purigation squad with 4 psy. and justcar w/ psy. awesome! 5 psy.
Your FAGK squads are basically perfect, I might add a Meltabomb to each Justicar, but certainly optional.
i dont no how to use grenades and also i dont think i will need ant-tank w/ 2 raiders and 5-10 later termies w/ hammer.
Since you are transporting troops, I would strongly recommend the Crusader variant for your Landraiders.
no i dont like them not enough anti-tank which is really needed in a grey knight army.
A list with two Landraiders begs for more armour. They will draw the bulk of the fire untill kracked, so a Dread with AC/CCW would be good.
dude trust me on this i have had a raider in alost 10 battles and its a shot magnet but never gets killed (people shoot every turn possible at it but it doesnt krak so its perfect lol)

· durus
2,771 Posts
Just so you know, A LRC once it drops off the cargo is probably better at armour than the regular Landraider. Assault Cannons can penetrate armour nicely with rending and remember the LRC has a Multimelta on the top.

The other thing about LRCs is that they can transport 8 Termies vs 5.

Just watch out when you play TAU, Necrons or Eldar/Dark Eldar. Landraider die easily to Gauss weapons, Railguns and Brightlances.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diggums Hammer said:
Just watch out when you play TAU, Necrons or Eldar/Dark Eldar. Landraider die easily to Gauss weapons, Railguns and Brightlances.
yes your right in a "word" fight but the thing is first off i only play tau an dnecrons out of that list and most of the time its chaos. but mainly "landraider die easily to guass weapons but the thing is i could fight 50 warriors and by the time my tank gets close enough for them to "kill" it they would be killed by termies cuz they cant use we'll be back on power weapons.

· Registered
3,523 Posts
lol sry if ur one of the people i insulted but lets say u use a dread. w/ CCW and las. that is 3-4 attacks but with land raider its 5 attacks i just like them cuz they shoot alot they transport(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and have good AV.
A Land Raider has two lascannon shots and three heavy bolter shots.

A pair of Dreadnoughts (which is less expensive than a single LR) has two melee attacks, one template, four Rending shots, one lascannon shot, and one missile launcher template (this is with one TLLC/ML dread and one Assault Cannon/Incin/DCCW dread). The better one seems clear to me.

i am strickley Gk only and also i will have a purigation squad with 4 psy. and justcar w/ psy. awesome! 5 psy.
Can't give a psycannon to a Justicar, nor any other weapon changes.

yeah sry i am not sure if a raider can hold ten or not but i will probably have my intire army either DS or transported. lol
i dont no how to use grenades
Ah, so you don't own the rulebooks.

· durus
2,771 Posts
brother-captian stern said:
yes your right in a "word" fight but the thing is first off i only play tau an dnecrons out of that list and most of the time its chaos. but mainly "landraider die easily to guass weapons but the thing is i could fight 50 warriors and by the time my tank gets close enough for them to "kill" it they would be killed by termies cuz they cant use we'll be back on power weapons.

I don't think you have played a Necron general with a Lord, veil of Darkness and Immortals. Essentially this squad teleports where it wants, kills one tank per turn or hurts a squad bad, teleports away on the next turn away from your assaulter and kills another tank. VERY annoying for tank heavy armies. Destroyers are equally bad for tanks, they move 12" shoot 3 * 36" gauss shots per, and a squad of 4 would generally kill one tank per turn as well. Trust me my friend a good Necron General will eat your Landraiders.:(

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mEGALOMANIAC said:
A Land Raider has two lascannon shots and three heavy bolter shots.

A pair of Dreadnoughts (which is less expensive than a single LR) has two melee attacks, one template, four Rending shots, one lascannon shot, and one missile launcher template (this is with one TLLC/ML dread and one Assault Cannon/Incin/DCCW dread). The better one seems clear to me.
yes wow two dreads have more attacks then 1 raider but even if i use them both i am sry but they die a millions times faster. i played a eldar guy and my dread died in the first turn. tho a raider would have most likely lived the whole game like it alsways has.
Can't give a psycannon to a Justicar, nor any other weapon changes.
y not it says he has acsses to the armoury
Ah, so you don't own the rulebooks.
also i did have a rule book but i traded it to my friend and i have read the grenade thing but i just dont get it. it doesnt tell you how to use them just the str. and stuff like that.

just so u no the words your using are the kinds of thing that can get me to start insulting people. i dont like it when u just asume that i dont no something i must not have that information like the rulebook.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Diggums Hammer said:
I don't think you have played a Necron general with a Lord, veil of Darkness and Immortals. Essentially this squad teleports where it wants, kills one tank per turn or hurts a squad bad, teleports away on the next turn away from your assaulter and kills another tank. VERY annoying for tank heavy armies. Destroyers are equally bad for tanks, they move 12" shoot 3 * 36" gauss shots per, and a squad of 4 would generally kill one tank per turn as well. Trust me my friend a good Necron General will eat your Landraiders.:(
as i said before good for a "word" fight but really it telleports near my tank i embark on my turn with my knights and kill them with my knights and even still i can use my termies to kill his lord then say bye, bye to veil of darkness. also let me ask you a question would a dread stand a better chance when being shot? myou no that the answer has to be no(nonononononononononononononononononononononon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

so sure raiders arent very good against necron but tell em what would be better for heavy support and dont give me that Orbital Bombardment crap the others are stuffing down our throats.

73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i am just tryin to see what my signiture looks like dont argue with this box (lol).

[man i lol alot]

· Registered
3,523 Posts
just so u no the words your using are the kinds of thing that can get me to start insulting people. i dont like it when u just asume that i dont no something i must not have that information like the rulebook.
I'm not going to argue against you, as I've already done that in multiple threads. Just don't expect much help from me in the future - I'm doing this of my own free will to assist players who want the help. And you've made it clear that you don't want my help.

· durus
2,771 Posts
mEGALOMANIAC said:
I'm not going to argue against you, as I've already done that in multiple threads. Just don't expect much help from me in the future - I'm doing this of my own free will to assist players who want the help. And you've made it clear that you don't want my help.

Whew...the BCS era is brief but over!:diespam:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.