Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd go with a Dreadnought as the Purgation Squads arent reall capable of dealing with tanks and such. A Dreadnought will be able to at least pse a threat =P . And everywhere I look, everyone advices me to get one =) . But thats just my 2 cents.

Good luck with your army =)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd get both, but priority wise, I'd say get the Dread first.
A: Its a fire magnet, you wouldn't believe the firepower people will pump into these things trying to stop it.
B: Lascannon is very, very useful for taking out tanks.
C:Its brutal in H2H.
D: It looks badass.

Purge squads are very nice, don't get me wrong, so very useful against troops. But they don't have the strength to take out anything higher then 12 armour and sometimes you need that alot more then just more bolter fire. :)

Also, remember you can have 5 Incins/Psycannons in a purge squad, four regular troopers plus the Justicar!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just to tell u i have a LR crusader and Dreadnought as my 2 heavys but i dunno if i should get another dread or get a purgation squad :ph34r:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont worry lol i got an idea

2 dreads with las cannons

lr crusader

2 squads of 5 GKs and 2 in each with psy cannons llol

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dreadie! They are increadible for whay they cost!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Most people keep their heavy tanks in the back lines while their troops advance and blow the shiz out of you. Im not experienced in daemonhunters yet but id say get a squad of 6 grey knights for fast attack. 2 w/ incinerators and a justicar w/ meltabombs. As most tanks like to stay and shoot, you will autohit for the meltabomb, get a AP between 10 and 20, and most tanks have armour of around 11, so unless your rolling straight ones, then your good. After you kill tank, you can use it as cover. If the infantry unit is far away, then you can keep killling tanks in the back line. If infantry units are close, go for close combat. Eh i hope this helps i guess.

:ph34r: ninja

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ya, I noticed that GKs are good, but they lack heavy weapons. I got schooled by Dark Angels, and don't want to talk about it. *pout*

·
LO Zealot
1,226 Posts
Get a normal Land Raider as a Transport choice for your Inquisitor and a Purgation Squad then you have Land Raider, Dreadnought, Purgation Squad, and a Land Raider Crusader.

Also, don't forget about Orbital Strikes, they may be innaccurate, but they can deal with hordes and hidden tanks (whirlwinds,basilisks, etc.), they are excellent against Imperial Guard

·
Registered
717 Posts
In personal opinion take the dread. If You want psycannon support fire, turn to your regular troop choices and give them both psycannons, its cheaper that way!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.