Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imagine this situation:
A combat such as the 1 below occured with units X and Y fighting in 1 big combat with units A and B.
Units A and B win combat.
Units X and Y both fail they're leadership
Unit B rolls to hold instead of pursuiting and succeds
Units X and Y both roll 7 to flee
Unit A rolls 10 to pursuit.

______X X X X X Y Y Y Y Y
A A A A A B B B B B

My question is would unit A run down both units X and Y even though unit A is'nt in base to base with unit Y?
Sorry to put my questions in such around about way but I could'nt think of an easy way.

·
453 Posts
While the WRB doesn't have situation like this exactly described it does give rules for multiple pursuits. It says if you are engaged in a combat with multiple units on one or your faces and they both flee and the winning unit roles higher then both fleeing units are killed, so i'd take my cue from this . . . even if it does seem silly.

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Page 40, under Remove Fleeing Units Caught. "A" unit's pursuit roll meets or exceeds the roll of the fleeing "units". That's a singular unit pursuing plural fleeing units. Fleeing units die.

Page 44, though, multiple fleeing and pursuing. When units will flee in different directions, then victorious units must declare in which direction they will pursue.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Suffer not the Unclean
2,251 Posts
I'd be inclined to say A cannot destroy Y. Check out p44, a unit can pursue enemies fleeing 'from their front.' Y is not fleeing from their front, it's fleeing from B's front. I don't think A can pursue Y at all, as Y is not fleeing from any of their facings.

44 also describes you as being allowed to pursue a unit you are 'engaged' with. I don't think the term engaged has a special defined meaning in FB like it does in 40K, but I'd still think you need to share some base contact with an enemy to be 'engaged' with them. The Character rules support this a bit in a roundabout way by indicating that a character in a unit is not himself 'engaged' until he's actually in base contact with an enemy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts