Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after failing to post my last army list in the right section i now finally payed attention to ware i'm putting this xD any ways....

So working on my last Eldar army list i decided to stick with the same theme (dire avengers in wave serpents) but re worked it to be more play effective and not something i can just make look pretty on the table!

Farseer > 133
Singing Spear, Runes of witnessing, Spirit stones, Doom, Guide

10 Dire avengers > 177
Exarch, Power weapon/Shimmershield, Defend, Blade storm
Wave Serpent > 140
Twin linked Eldar missile launchers, Shuriken Cannons, Spirit stones

10 Dire avengers > 167
Exarch, Two Avenger Catapults, Blade storm
Wave Serpent > 120
Twin linked Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannons, Spirit stones

10 Dire avengers > 167
Exarch, Two Avenger Catapults, Blade storm
Wave Serpent > 120
Twin linked Shuriken Cannons, Shuriken Cannons, Spirit stones

Ok so its fast, got enough troops, decent HQ, might lack on fire power with 5 shuriken cannons for light tanks and an Eldar missile launcher and singing spear for heavies.
Granted i will play this list but the main focus of this army will be to make it look outstanding as well using forge world wave serpents and conversions.

Just also thought to mention that after this i will try and add 3 fire prisms, 5 fire dragons and wave serpent and Eldrad (Q’sandria)

So guys tell me what you think of this list and any improvements i could add to it, all comments are welcome ^^ thanks

>Wadey<

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Apart from the lack of any major firepower to deal with heavy tanks such as Landraiders it looks ok. At this points level however you shouldn't be running into too many of them anyway.
You don't really need defend on your DAs. While it is a useful ability for drawn out CC you don't really want to be getting these guys into CC anyway. A squad of Storm guardians with a Warlock with enhance will match these guys blow for blow in CC, the only difference would be the DAs have a better armour save but there would be more Storm guardians. DA's are for shooting and shooting only, the Power Weapon and Shimmer shield is an okay choice for that 'Just in case' element where a power weapon will come in handy.
Use the points from removing Defend to upgrade one of your WaveSerpents weapons to a Scatter laser, your getting improved range and an extra shot from that tank.

Thats about it from me, I would personally take at least one Elite squad instead of one of the DA squads but thats just me.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I like your list. There are a few things I would change though. First off, (this depends on your local gaming group) I'd take some fire dragons in a Wave Serpent, instead of 1 squad of Fire Dragons.
You can then drop the other anti-tank you have in your list, and down-grade everything to shuriken cannons. These are nice to deal with transports. You then have place for Eldrad :D
Eldrad's Divination is really useful. you can deploy your army at one side of the table (or spread out). your enemy then reacts with deploying counter-attack units. Then you use Divination to
completely redeploy. you then form a armored spearhead. You flat out, cast fortune on 2 of your tanks. The list will look something like this:

-HQ-
Eldrad >210]

-TROOP-
Dire Avenger x10 >152] Exarch, ASC x2, Bladestorm
+ Wave Serpent >145] TL-EML, Spirit Stone, Star Engines
Dire Avenger x10 >152] Exarch, ASC x2, Bladestorm
+ Wave Serpent >145] TL-EML, Spirit Stone, Star Engines

-ELITES-
Fire Dragons >80]
+ Wave Serpent >125] TL-Shuriken cannon, Spirit Stone, Star Engines

I've added star engines aswell, to make sure that you will be close enough to launch 2 Bladestorms the next turn.

Cheers

EDIT: you said you wanted a good looking army, well, you can do some crazy flame-free hand on the Fire Dragons serpent :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its awesome as this is almost identical to my second list.... i mean swap out star engines for shuriken cannons and you got it made! the only reason i didn't see much need in fire dragons was for the fact i have only ever come up against 1 land raider in a 1000 point game, even then with my other elder army who has more or less the same fire power killed it with singing spears! (luck me tbh)

Thanks for replies!

>Wadey<

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
too much light dakka, too few heavy weapons dakka
/agree. AT 1000 points a guard army can bring some serious firepower and numbers. As can BAs and SWs.

You need some more heavy weapons in here. You could probably safely cut the DA squads in half, and do some creative point shuffling to get yourself a prisim or two. Maybe dragons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts