Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Old Zogworts unique psychic power calls for him to target and Independent Character within LOS. Now using the current True Line of Sight rules would he still have to be physically able to see an Independent Character that is attached to a squad? Or would he just have to be able to see the squad? For example if the squad was standing in the open but the Character was obscured from Zogworts sight by models from that Characters unit standing in front of him could Zogwort target him?

My leaning is no but I figured secondary opinions couldn't hurt.

·
Real Xeno
881 Posts
As You can pick the casualties within Your squad and You don`t have to choose that was actualy in LOS (as all of us save the nob-serg-champ-lord etc), it must work vica versa: enough to see the squad to pick the IC.
IMO

·
Too Sexy For My Whirlwind
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
p0lak

No, enemy infantry cant block other infantry models, so you can, only terrain and vehicles obscure models,
Thats not true at all..... If your shooting at an enemy squad and they are partially obscured by any models, friendly or enemy, they get cover. And normally if you can't see a squad because anything is blocking your models direct LOS then you can't shoot them at all.

This is just a slightly different case because Zogworts psychic power says he must target an Independent Character, who could conceivably be attached to a squad. And conceivably that squad that he's attached too could technically block Zogworts direct LOS to the character he's targeting, thus stopping him from targeting that character according to the wording of the "Zogwort's Curse" psychic power, which says he must have LOS to the Character is targeting.

Really i'm just seeing if anyone knows of somewhere in the rules that this could be refuted should I need to defend this position. Mostly I just wonder if the rules about how a squad can't usually block LOS/give cover to itself might hinder my assumptions.

Fremen

As You can pick the casualties within Your squad and You don`t have to choose that was actualy in LOS (as all of us save the nob-serg-champ-lord etc), it must work vica versa: enough to see the squad to pick the IC.
IMO
Thats where its somewhat complicated though, as the power targets the Character not the squad, but the character could obviously be part of the squad.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If the power calls for Line of Sight to the character, then one must have exactly that.

It would take a good amount of "bunching up" for infantry models to completely block line of sight. Its possible, but may not be feasible for the opponent to attempt such a screen, either due to movement constraints or a desire not to set up the enemy for templates/blasts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.