Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently started putting together a small 6 man unit of Questing Knights. I first of all made one very important choice….. I really don’t like the GW models. There’s just a few things that bug me about the box set (apart from the price tag), and it’s mostly little things like the blind standard bearer or the excessive luggage they seem to be carrying into battle?!!? Anyway, adding all these up I made a decision to put my own together.

I really just wanted to see if anyone has had the same issue, don’t get me wrong I love Questing Knights (its nice to have knights unit that doesn’t have lances). Also wondered if anyone’s made their own unit up from scratch how they went about it etc…..

I’ll try and get some pictures up of what I’ve got done so far so you can all see my wonderful modelling….cough cough!!!! :p

TW

·
/botnobot/
12,489 Posts
Pics would be great.

My only issues with models like the questing knights is all the extra stuff. Myself, I keep the models pretty simple and paint them up from there, but that's because I'm lazy. :p

If you're willing to do the work, I think it looks pretty cool to have all the gear.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I don't mind the questing knight models really. I think items such as the chest of drawers is rather excessive and unneccesary though, that little dude that sits on the shoulders with the spy glass is cool. GW really started adding odd and funny bits and pieces starting with Brets, there is the plastic (massive) snail, dog, parrot and other peices in the plastics too.

I don't think questing knights are all that great in the rules now that great weapons only give +1 s while mounted.. They just don't seem all that useful to the other knight units which are getting +2 on the charge, then not striking last at only one less strength.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've put a couple of my own together so far, and have even dared to try using a bit of greenstuff....with varied results!! Even borrowed some bits from a couple of Empire Militia sprues i picked up cheap. I'll get some pics up this weekend so you can judge for yourselves ;Y

Got to admit i do love the amount of extra bits on the Bret sprues, think I found the men at arms one probably the most useful for adding stuff to my Questing Knights.

I think after making up so many knights (i've got about 30+) I wanted to have something a bit different in my army.....and i had so many spare bits left over it seemed a waste not to use some!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.