Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been surfing the forums have haven't found the answer to this one yet.

When Deploying the Casket of Souls, are you required to deploy all Warmahcines and all Characters?

The Casket is considered a Warmachine, but is also associated as equipment for the Priest.

Do I have the option of setting the Csket out as a warmachine without the priest being with it for deployment? Because if the Priest isn't with it, the whole Casket crumbles during gameplay!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good question. I don't actually know, but I've been putting the casket down with war machines and then theoretically putting the priest on during characters. This may or may not be right though...

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
This is one often debated. generally, opponents don't mind too much. Technically i think he Casket should go down with other WMs, and then the Priest joins it when Characters go down. Generally it doesn't matter too much, especially if you use a standard setup for your army like me, always having the Casket near the SSC.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the general method by which we have been playing. And of course, the Casket next to the SSC is a fairly standard setup used in our games as well. The interesting part to me is getting that much closer to getting a +1 on the roll to go first. If you deploy all Warmachines and Characters at the same time due to them both being a part of the casket, you are placing 1 fewer turns and potentially gaining that adavantage.

Does anyone have any tournament experience with this scenario? Any Judge type rulings on it?

·
King of Librarium's Tombs
7,143 Posts
Does anyone have any tournament experience with this scenario? Any Judge type rulings on it?
To be fair, judge ruling mean squat in the real world of gaming lol. Only things you can go by officially are the rulebook, armybooks and FAQs. Most judges will make an answer up on the spot if they don't have a definite one or are unsure. Best thing to do would be ask your opponent and agree on an order (D6it if needs be) It shouldnt affect you anyway, you should know once your board edge is decided where you want your casket to be.

One thing though, you wont be able to class WMs and Characters as 1 deployment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personally I have found this issue to be a mute point in most cases. The Casket is a War Machine and deploys with any other warmachines. Characters are always the last thing deployed but most opponents will understand that the Liche Priest riding the casket isn't "there" until characters are deployed. If the Casket is your only warmachine then I would say it still goes down first with your priest going down with the rest of the characters.

And the casket will never go poof because of deployment. The casket rules say that the casket goes poof at the beginning of the TK players turn. And a Priest has to at least start out the game attached to the Warmachine he is a part of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts