Librarium Online Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't remember seeing this in the codex, but I am still learning all the rules with Chaos. I never really had to deal with all this stuff since I started with Nids and just recently got my Chaos.

My friend thought that in order to have a greater daemon you need to have a Chaos Lord/Lieutenant on the field also, is this true?

Can the greater daemon also possess the Lord/Lieutenant? I dont have my codex on me at the moment but I think I remember it can only be Aspiring Champions.

Thx for the help.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
No you don't need a lord or leutenant to field a greater deamon.
If so it would have said in the codex, I mean specifically said it...
Heck I don't even know if the greater deamon is a 0-1 choice.

Anyway I think you can posess any leader of some sort in your army.
I mean what could be so bad about a possesed Khorne lord running around the battlefield maiming everything, then get killed or the deamon gains full control and the bloodthirster then comes out in its full glory?

Kasutta!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Exactly, you don't need a Lord or Lieutenant, the GD is your HQ choice, and the Daemonhost is an aspiring champion (anyone who uses a Lord/Lieutenant as a Daemonvessel is an idiot). TqualityToys, your friend might be confusing something from the old codex with the new, in the old codex you had to take a Lord/Daemon Prince as a leader, there's no such rule now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thanks for the help, I think my friend played Chaos a while back. I just wanted to confirm, because I was going to play in a Rouge Trader tournement this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.