Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking through the army lists for a while now and noticed that most people don't even take 50 points of magic items for their Slann while he has a 100 point cap. The question is rather than taking an extra discipline to know all the spells from a single lore for 50 points, why not just take the Plaque of Tepok for 15 points and have your slann know 5 out of 6 spells from the lore? Or are people really going to be using all 6 spells?
Maybe a newb question might not be, but just wondering. =/

·
Registered
35 Posts
It really depends on what else I'm taking. Taking a Slann pretty much always implies magic offense, which means I'm gonna have some Skink Priests as well, and I usually give the plaque to one of them. The difference between 2 and 3 spells is more important to me than the difference between 5 and 6. And there's a certain strength in having all 6 spells available. While some of them are very situational, it feels pretty damn good when you have just the right spell for the occasion.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
You are right, for that much points difference a lot of the time 5 is better than 6. But sometimes there is a particular spell that you really really want and don't want to risk not having it, also consider the other common discipline that gives an extra power dice for every spell cast. If you combine the two, you are effectively getting 6 extra power dice rather than 5 or 4, more bang for your buck. Magic is expensive, if you want to max out on it then you need to pay the points. Also remember that Cupped Hands is the most common item for a Slann, almost all of them have it, and you cannot take more than one type of item so you actually cannot combine cupped hands and the plaques.

About the magic items, the simple fact is that most of our items are crap and not worth giving to a Slann. Plus if you have spent 100+ points on dsciplines to enhanse him already, magic items are just going to make him even more expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks much for the answers. Good points there. Forgot about the fact that you can't take 2 items from the same category. Good stuff. =]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts