Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slightly Right of Left
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am considering making a traits chapter as allies for my templars, mainly to give me a different colour scheme to get creative but I have a question.

I am going to choose No mercy, No Respite and Trust Your Battle Brothers as advantages and Aspire to Glory and Have Faith in Suspicion. But what confuses me is this there is nothing saying about giving say true grit and counter attack to independant characters from Trust your Battle Brothers, surely if all the other infantry can have these skills then the characters would too?

Damien

·
Registered
610 Posts
You wouldn't need true grit for independent characters as commanders have access to wargear anyway and can arm themselves with two weapons, one of which can be a two handed weapon.

As for counter attack, it can only be conferred upon the squads listed, Characters don't usually benefit from any unit they join special rules and vice versa.

·
Pedantic Englishman
1,229 Posts
I've not got the Codex to hand, but that does seem like a bit of a hole in the rules... And just giving the IC a boltgun and CCW wouldn't mean it ebnefits from the rules for True Grit, sorry Liffrea. Hmm. I'd say either curse your luck and make do without, or just tack a bit onto the current rules saying ICs can take the particular special rule for, say, 5x the pts the ordinary guys take it for, and smile sweetly at your opponent when asking if he minds you doing it.

·
867 Posts
I get the impression that IC's have their own set of advantages, such as wargear, and adding in these traits would be considered imbalancing. However, if your Character begins as part of a Command Squad he may have the Traits which the Command Squad has.

Like you I also formed a Marine chapter. The traits I chose are reflective of the backround I devised for them. having lost nearly all their Terminators and indeed all of their Dreadnoughts, as well being crippled in their transport capability, I chose:

Advantages:
Honor your Wargear
Clense and Purify

Disadvantages:
Aspire to Glory
Die Standing

That allows them to maximize on their armor assest (tanks, etc) while still employing Davastators, and permits their Tactical Squads better tactical mobility. (Also, my first army was Sisters of Battle and I'm just used to having two assault weapons in my infantry squads. :D )

·
Registered
293 Posts
i know this is of the topic but if you want to add allies think grey knites. they are awsome expesily against since they all have phycic hoods and ld 10 lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i know this is of the topic but if you want to add allies think grey knites. they are awsome expesily against since they all have phycic hoods and ld 10 lol.

Grey knights don't have psychic hoods. They can only get rid of powers that directly affect them.

·
Tactical Avante-Gard
2,095 Posts
Well, you could put the IC with a Command squad. He can take any skill the command squad can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts