Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An enemy unit is in range to charge my (totally awesome) doomdiver. I cast hand of gork to teleport the thing behind his unit. Can i fire the doomdiver in the shooting phase? it didn't walk, but it did move....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, even if I teleport a horde of night goblins with bows they can volley-fire?

(ah, fanatics that always hit...... nice)

·
Registered
234 Posts
So, even if I teleport a horde of night goblins with bows they can volley-fire?

(ah, fanatics that always hit...... nice)
I would say yes. As TinyTim posted, the rulebook doesnt say that a unit counts as moved when Hand of Gork is used on it.
I've used the spell several times now against several different players and no-one has argued the point.
Also managed to come up with some great uses for it (the people I usually play against are getting wise to it now though and starting to dispel it a bit more)
Manglers squigs or a unit of NG containing fanatics moved to the flank of a battle line is great fun, I managed to get a mangler through 4 units of Empire in one turn, my opponents face was a picture :)

·
i am da Wahhchief
2,419 Posts
okok i would say a unit that teleported anywhere did in fact just move! But anyway i didnt find anything against it in the rules so shoot!
so i went into the books and tried to find an argument against this nonsence and came up with the following stuf totally offtopic now, but i honestly dont get it! :

war machines: follow movement rules for lone models on page 27. k im still with ya here. On to 27!
lone models and movement:they move like other units except, they can pivot as many times as they wish during their move and pivoting does not prevent models from marching, or even from shooting...
ok so um pivoting doesnt prevent a warmachine from shooting or is this saying something else?

AND THEN!

a lone model that pivots on the spot does count as moving for the purpose of shooting!

so pivoting counts as moving and prevents a war machine from shooting, but then what does that first bold line mean?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Good find digger:p

but the warmachine rules say that they may pivot without counting as moved.
and there's no rule whatsoever that says a warmachine can't fire if a god have picked it up.
i would say it cannot shoot though.. it just doesn't feel right

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good find digger:p

no rule whatsoever that says a warmachine can't fire if a god have picked it up.
i would say it cannot shoot though.. it just doesn't feel right
I don't know if a god suddenly poped down and pickd me up in the middle of a battle and put me down in a better shooting position for the express reason that i would have a better shot , I think this would be a motivating thing and only act to encourage me to focus on the task at hand and shoot the machine .

·
905 Posts
I don't know if a god suddenly poped down and pickd me up in the middle of a battle and put me down in a better shooting position for the express reason that i would have a better shot , I think this would be a motivating thing and only act to encourage me to focus on the task at hand and shoot the machine .
ah your right ikken, the probelm being logic has no place in 40k or fantasy. Trust me, I've tried with the poorly written Skaven spells.

But I think the problem at hand here is that yes a warmachine can pivot freely, and as digger noted a lone model can't without "moving".
The wording in the hand of gork spell states that a unit that consists of one model, and I think a war machine would qualify for this having crew there simply as wound counters, and to fight back in event of getting charged, thus keeping its original position is not a problem, and I would rule it a pivot and thus still be able to shoot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I remmeber when the rules for the doom diver really didn't say moving was not an option... I mean back when it was a giant sling shot the size of the goblin himself... the sling shot had two big wheels... and the sling shot looked like it make good handles for the diver to hold on too while wheeling the catapult around on its two wheels...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts