Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several questions really:
1. Cannon upgrades are 1/3bikes so if I had 9 jetbike + a warlock on jetbike can I 'cannonise' the warlocks and 3 others?
2. Same as Q1 but what if I have 10 jetbike + warlock is this now 4 + the warlocks?
3. Farseer on jetbike plus his warlock bodyguard, can they upgrade to cannons? If so are they also limited to 1 cannon per 3 riders?
4. Possibly the trickiest: Autarch on jetbike:
a. Can he upgrade to cannon, if so does it cost more, like the jetbike itself does (x1.5)?
b. Can the jetbikes twin-linked catapults be upgraded to Avenger style? Make sense to me does it to anyone else and would +4pts be reasonable?

Kev of Iyanden

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
1. You only get 1 Cannon per 3 Bikes and it cannot go on the Warlock for the superior BS.
2. No, you'd need 12 Bikes.
3. No they cannot, just Guardian Bikers.
4. A. No. B. No. You're just inventing costs, which would be house rules. I personally see no reason for any of those units to have Cannons, they're already very good.

So basically, no to everything. :]

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Several questions really:
1. Cannon upgrades are 1/3bikes so if I had 9 jetbike + a warlock on jetbike can I 'cannonise' the warlocks and 3 others?
2. Same as Q1 but what if I have 10 jetbike + warlock is this now 4 + the warlocks?
3. Farseer on jetbike plus his warlock bodyguard, can they upgrade to cannons? If so are they also limited to 1 cannon per 3 riders?
4. Possibly the trickiest: Autarch on jetbike:
a. Can he upgrade to cannon, if so does it cost more, like the jetbike itself does (x1.5)?
b. Can the jetbikes twin-linked catapults be upgraded to Avenger style? Make sense to me does it to anyone else and would +4pts be reasonable?

Kev of Iyanden
Sorry none of these are aloud. Just read the options under each units entry, those are the only options available to that particular unit. FOr instance only every 3rd guardian jetbike and shining spear exarchs can have shuriken cannons(I think).

This would be a good basis for a craftworld sain hamm list if they ever come back.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You could of course house rule such things in, but I wouldn't. It would be starting a battle you're likely to lose. Be conent with the jetbike mounted Warlocks/Farseer, they're already one of the most devastating units in the game.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for speedy replies, shame though.

Guess I was just being beardy, which I appologise for.
Another question would be what power should the accompanying Warlock have if they are the only troops so had to hold objectives? Conceal, Embolden & Enhance all make sense in this regard but which is best?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I wouldnt sit them on a home objective or something for the game, id just hold them in reserve and them move em arond and make sure they are there at turn 5+

I like embolden, ud be surprised how many times mine run away at ld 8

·
Formerly Prince of Excess
3,560 Posts
I'd roll with Embolden too. They can easily get cover, it's 5th Ed and they can JSJ, it's not an issue. Enhance makes them better in assault, that's a power for a Seer Council not a Jetbike Squad.

I'd consider Destructor but it depends how many Troops you're rolling with. Being able to go 12" and flame a unit can be a big swing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts