Librarium Online Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through a few interesting conversations, a player at my local gaming store wants to make the following army literally to be annoying, in his own words. He intents to use
Chaos Lord
-Daemonic Stature
-Siren
-Great Weapon
Troops
-all Daemonettes

his tactic is that he can use siren during an opponents turn to prevent anyone from shooting or assaulting the Lord, and take the Daemonettes as troop choices with the intention of never summoning them. A secondary idea he is having is to give the lord the Rapturous standard and use it to summon Daemonettes on the 2nd/3rd turn after the lord has moved forward. He doesn't care if he wins, wants to draw every game, and is fully aware that he will not be able to claim table quarters etc. Question is, is he interpreting siren correctly, and is this legal? He plans on bringing it to gamesday just on the intent on trying to win painting competitions as well as players choice.

·
Now with STFU flames!
5,917 Posts
MouseC112 said:
is he interpreting siren correctly, and is this legal?
Yes. That's exactly how Siren is used. The trick to beating it is to bring counter-psyker abilities. If you're playing Space Marines, this is extremely easy - just bring a Librarian. Tyranids can use Psychic Scream to reduce his Leadership so he'll fail the check.

What is this about bringing Daemonettes but not summoning them? If he has an avaliable place to summon them, then he must check for summoning and bring them out if they become avaliable. However, if he has no places to summon, then they'll never show up - I don't see this as annoying, more as stupid.

·
Son of LO
4,529 Posts
Also, he can't take siren. You have to roll for it on the minor powers table.

The only way to be reasonably sure of getting it is to take 6 minor powers and hope for the best.

Also, it only works 1/6 of the time.. that one time it doesn't work, he's going to get an entire army's worth of firepower in the chops, and promptly keel over.

Also, by my reading (it's been said directly somewhere, but I'm trying to remember where) daemonettes which are not summoned by the end of the game count as destroyed for victory point purposes.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Caluin i will agree its plan old stupid to set up an army that way, however he is insisting on doing it. Mantis that rule does sound familar, i just don't know enough about daemons as i typically do not use them. Thanks for the speedy response again, i will be printing this and showing it to him.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Indeed it is a stupid tactic, one that brings shame to the name of Slaanesh, but still people use it. They waste 70 points on minor power rolls just to nark people off. "But it's funny!" cries the n00b. No it isn't. *Whack!*

And yes, unsummoned daemons count as destroyed.

·
Simple Green.
969 Posts
Monsieurcartier, tu n'aime pas les <<noobs>>? (sarcasm)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flat out let him bring the army to the board.
Let him waste everyones time.
Inform him th at he's lost by a staggering quantity of points :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts