Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I have two questions. I am originally a Tyranid player but am now venturing into the world of the Dark Eldar.

Question one: Concerning the Webway portal, and exact definition of movement. Troops are capable of "shooting" while on a raider do to its "open top" rule, and the troops within use their "movement" while unloading. So can my character in the raider use the Webway Portal while on the raider during the shooting phase? By the wording presented the troops have neither moved or shot during my turn which is the prerequisite for using the portal, and you can fire out of the raider.

Question two: This is not a dark eldar dependant question and is probably something most of you will know off the top of your heads. Can the troops that belong to the same unit as a transport (raider squad) start the game outside the Raider? It has been a while for me, but for some reason I remember they have to be within 2''. Sorry for the use of Imperial measurements. I think that is roughly 6cm.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Actually I have two questions. I am originally a Tyranid player but am now venturing into the world of the Dark Eldar.

Question one: Concerning the Webway portal, and exact definition of movement. Troops are capable of "shooting" while on a raider do to its "open top" rule, and the troops within use their "movement" while unloading. So can my character in the raider use the Webway Portal while on the raider during the shooting phase? By the wording presented the troops have neither moved or shot during my turn which is the prerequisite for using the portal, and you can fire out of the raider.

Question two: This is not a dark eldar dependant question and is probably something most of you will know off the top of your heads. Can the troops that belong to the same unit as a transport (raider squad) start the game outside the Raider? It has been a while for me, but for some reason I remember they have to be within 2''. Sorry for the use of Imperial measurements. I think that is roughly 6cm.

1) You can't use special abilities from the inside because the model isn't on the table. It requires that you place the portal in contact with the base of the model with the portal. Also, in general, you can't use special abilities while inside a transport (WWPs, Psyker powers, etc). Also, just for the record, if the vehicle moves the troops inside it count as moving.

2) You can in fact start outside the raider and they don't have to be placed near eachother. However, they do have to be placed at the same time.

3) We use primarily standard units around here anyway, so don't worry about it. :)

Reactions: Wicky

·
Registered
7 Posts
although from a fluff standpoint it makes zero sense as to how a RAIDERS squad could start the game off their transport... I mean, isn't the idea that they are speeding into position on their fiendish skimmers of destruction?

·
Registered
341 Posts
although from a fluff standpoint it makes zero sense as to how a RAIDERS squad could start the game off their transport... I mean, isn't the idea that they are speeding into position on their fiendish skimmers of destruction?
One could argue that they find the fighting ground and drop off their cargo at the rear of the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.