Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who puts an Elites Inquisitor into his Space Wolf army and uses his psychic hood regularly in addition to Runic Weapons (Nullify powers on a 4+) is that legal to use both of them or do you have to pick which one is being used?

Ever since the 5th ed Space Puppy FAQ came out it states that any model with a runic weapon may use it to nullify psychic powers, but is this in conjunction with the psychic hood? I am almost positive i read somewhere that you can choose either a psychic hood or the other option...

Any feedback from anyone is greatly appreciated.

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
Unfortunately I can't find a RAW ruling against using both.
But this is pretty clearly an oversight and an unintended loophole. Most other things similar to psychic hoods (other psychic hoods, the Grey Knights' The Aegis special rule, etc) state that only one attempt can be made to nullify the power, the Daemonhunters' psychic hood and Space Wolves' runic weapon, though, have no explicit ruling that forbids their combined use. As I have already made clear: I do think there should be a ruling, though, and if your friend is to be reasoned with he should probably realize that and cease to use both on one power.

·
That Which Has No Time
1,451 Posts
P.S.: I can't even seem to find a ruling that forbids Inquisition psychic hoods and Space Marine psychic hoods to be used together on the same psychic power. Codex: Daemonhunters says nothing about this case, while Codex: Space Marines only says that only one librarian may attempt to nullify each enemy power, which then would not refer to a Grey Knight Hero, Inquisitor, Inquisitor Lord, etc...

·
Toy Soldier Aficionado
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I looked in my Daemonhunters codex and in almost every codex I own and it doesn't say that you can't with exception to the Space Marine Psychic hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts