Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me say that I am sorry. Crossposting is not a nice thing to do, but my post i the rules section has yet to generate any answers. The original post can be found here:
Original post.

I have three questions:

1) If the gretchin crew goes to ground and are in the next round rallied again, should they be regarded as if having moved and thus be unable to fire the big gunz or are they free to fire at will?

2) In the Ork faq there is nothing said about Zzap gunz ability to roll four (2+2) D6 when attacking vehicles. It just says that they are regarded as artillery, and a statline with str 2D6. Do they still get to roll those two dice in armour penetration also?

3) If the only remaining figure in a battery is the slaver (and a big gun), is he allowed to fire the gun or does it have to be a gretchin?

· Registered
577 Posts
Ratus said:
1) If the gretchin crew goes to ground and are in the next round rallied again, should they be regarded as if having moved and thus be unable to fire the big gunz or are they free to fire at will?
I've always assumed that it was the same thing as falling back. The only army that can fall back and still fire heavy weapons are Space Marines (and that special abhuman group, which I forget their name). Instead of moving backwards, grots go to ground; its still the same line of thought, however.

Ratus said:
2) In the Ork faq there is nothing said about Zzap gunz ability to roll four (2+2) D6 when attacking vehicles. It just says that they are regarded as artillery, and a statline with str 2D6. Do they still get to roll those two dice in armour penetration also?
Yes. They auto-hit and you can have a max AP of 22 (16 against a monolith). Remember if you roll an 11 or 12, the things explode rather violently. I question your decision to use Zzap guns on a ground unit though. They function much, much better on battlewagons and guntrukkz.

Ratus said:
3) If the only remaining figure in a battery is the slaver (and a big gun), is he allowed to fire the gun or does it have to be a gretchin?
Never encountered that before, so I can't say for certain. I could ask about on The WAAAGH if you'd like and see what we can come up with.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Ratus said:
First let me say that I am sorry. Crossposting is not a nice thing to do, but my post i the rules section has yet to generate any answers. The original post can be found here:
Original post.

I have three questions:

-gretchin crew do not goto the ground

-roll 2d6 for str, then 2d6 for penetration

-still crewed, still fires. he can only operate 1 gun

· Registered
577 Posts
Are you sure about that Mouse? I haven't seen anything that states that they react any differently then the normal gretchin.

· Registered
1,994 Posts
>edit<
re-read the gretchin rule. i would assume when they fail the leadership check they do actually goto ground if there is a slaver present. as the slaver acts as a krew member, my assumption is he can fire 1 gun. however, in a battery there is no way he could fire all 3. when the gretchin (hopefully) rally, they would re-krew the guns. looking in the ork codex, the listing explaination identifies them as grots... thus the grot rules would probably apply. City you were indeed correct.

· Registered
51 Posts
Grot krew don't got to ground check the codex it says these rules only apply to mobs of the little blighters' gun krews are not mobs of gretchin they are big guns crew, they run like everyone else when they fail a morale check and the slaver would be legging it with them.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
billy_maime said:
Grot krew don't got to ground check the codex it says these rules only apply to mobs of the little blighters' gun krews are not mobs of gretchin they are big guns crew, they run like everyone else when they fail a morale check and the slaver would be legging it with them.
Now that is intresting. But I'm not sure if it really goes. The text on gretchin mob rule varies between just saying gretchin or grot and explicitly using the word mob.

Any one else have an opinion on this?

· Registered
1,994 Posts
billy is correct, in the codex under the gretchin rule it does say "gretchin mob" however in the big gun entry it lists the krew as "grots" i would assume the rule would apply, but that's just me. i would say either could be interpreted as correct depending how strictly one applies it.... but billy's argument probably has more substance.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have given it some thought and I think that they do indeed go to ground. The skill of going to ground seems to be due to race rather than organization and also the moment the crew flees from the guns they become a small mob :wacko:

· Registered
557 Posts
I've always played Gunzkrews as fleeing rather than going to ground, esp. since we rarely use slavers for them (meks are so kool). We were under the impression that the "ground" rule applies only to grot MOBS.
Please GW, can you redo the ork codex soon? :cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.