Librarium Online Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive decided to start a renegade CSM chapter. And all ive got are some loyalist marine models. But then i started thinking "Useing Space marine models on newly turned space marines....makes sense ;? " so....do you guys think so too? i mean, besides sawing off all those aquilas

·
Lord of Purple
933 Posts
Add some spikes, carve chaos symbols into their armour, make them seem more brutal than your average marines with posing and severed heads and the like ;). You can also add a lot just during the painting phase, add some symbols, make their armour dirty or leaking (Similar to The Cleaved chaos legion in the CSM codex?). Also add arrows anywhere you can 8Y. All it needs is a few things to make them look a lil chaosy, just don't go over the top or use any major mutations or you wont get the 'just chaosed' look.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
755 Posts
If they have just newly formed, I do believe that even keeping on some of the old heraldry might be kinda cool, like having it slowly warming into some chaos symbols.

·
451 Posts
Hey,

If they have just newly formed, I do believe that even keeping on some of the old heraldry might be kinda cool
Yep. I'll have to second this choice. The new "Renegade Chapters" aren't necessarily Chaotic.
Many are just Marine forces sickened by the self-perpetual bureaucracy of Terra.
Besides, mutations and madness are sooo last Codex . . .

Playa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.